Armed robber picks 3 undercover cops to confront -- oops!

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
A Houston armed robber has been permanently retired from his profession, courtesy of 3 undercover Houston policemen whom he tried to rob. Jeez, ya pick the wrong victims, and it really doesn't make your day a success, y'know?

The officers were chatting outside a Luby's cafeteria late night, and the guy temporarily got the drop on them. It didn't take long however for the cops to distract him so one officer could draw and fire, followed by at least one more officer.

Robber assumed room temperature at the scene. I think it's actually a bit rude, denying this guy a nice long series of court dates and parole hearings, and some fugitive time on the streets so he could rob even more citizens. After all, they have the money and he doesn't, which makes it okay. Just ask the 99% demonstrators. But those darn cops had to go postal on him, just a guy trying to make it in this Bush-created bad economy, right?

Here's the story:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Suspect-killed-while-attempting-to-rob-3-undercover-officers-outside-Lubys--148078825.html

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    He was trying to enforce the new tax code of taxing the rich in order to help the poor.
    Nasty stingy old coppers.
    They refuse to share the wealth.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    samzhere wrote: »

"None of the officers was hit." Journalism school english I guess.

Luby's............is that a chain or the one several years ago that had the vehicle drive through and shooter get out and shoot people?
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Bakerman wrote: »

Luby's............is that a chain or the one several years ago that had the vehicle drive through and shooter get out and shoot people?

The phrase "none was hit" is correct. The word "none" is singular, not plural, even though many writers get away with using it as plural.

Yes that's the same cafeteria chain -- Luby's is a chain in the southwest.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    I'd like to buy a couple of straight shooting cops a beer !
    Several even !! steaks too.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    1. Gun? Check
    2. Bandana? Check.
    3. Gloves? Check.
    4. Correct victim profile? Oops.

Great story Sam.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,002 Senior Member
    1. Gun? Check
    2. Bandana? Check.
    3. Gloves? Check.

Calvin: "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."
    Hobbes: "Well, you've done all you can do."

:applause:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    1. Gun? Check
    2. Bandana? Check.
    3. Gloves? Check.

Geat story Sam.

Tasteless, but funny,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvO-8IvoCI
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Tasteless, but funny,

I hear that a lot. A lot.:tooth:
    Did you watch the video ???
    Yep. I swear I had nothing to do with that video. Shatner cracks me up.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    1. Gun? Check
    2. Bandana? Check.
    3. Gloves? Check.

Great story Sam.

I do admit to being a bit confused by the white gloves. Maybe he was being a Jeeves-type robber?

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    Bakerman wrote: »

Luby's is a cafeteria chain and yes that was a luby's that guy drove through and killed all those people at but that was in Killeen Texas by Fort Hood.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Do you think anyone would be stupid enough to attempt to hold up a gun store / range ?

We had couches around a pot bellied stove, the gun counter in front, so if you walked in, the guys in back were not so visible if you were looking at the gun counter, this stupid teen male pulls a gun on the unarmed counter man and demands money,
    The counter guy, Mel tells the punk, " I think you really need to look behind you.

Finally he does, and sees several rows of gun barrels pointed at his head, and he drops his gun, turned out to be a pellet gun, After the perp is handcuffed the various LEO's started growling and fighting like dogs over a juicy bone, as to who has better jurisdiction and will get the collar / arrest.

To stop the bickering, they decide to have coin tosses to decide who will get the collar,
    finally some virgin won the coin toss, and got his first felony collar, actually it was his first and only collar.