Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

If you were a dog, would you rather be... (political joke)

2»

Replies

• tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    The question was what would I rather be...not my kids or dogs. ME.

At least I now have an idea of what republicans think of the average voter. Thanks.

Quite so. The republican in this case would prefer you travel in a safe environ, while the democrat in this instance would prefer to eat you.

You might prefer the latter while I would prefer the former.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,934 Senior Member
    I don't know which is worse. Puppygate or the silly poetry sidetrack this post has taken.

David Axelrod, the prez's campaign manager, started this whole silly mess with a tweet about how a loving pet owner treats their dog, followed by a picture of obama giving his dog a ride in the presidential limo. It was meant as a dig at Mitt Romney for transporting his family dog in a car top carrier sometime in the 80s. Then someone dug up an excerpt from obama's book about him eating dog when he was six. As hard as it is to beileve, it's actually gone downhill from there.

I think I prefer dirty politics over silly stuff like this.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Quite so. The republican in this case would prefer you travel in a safe environ, while the democrat in this instance would prefer to eat you.

You might prefer the latter while I would prefer the former.

I'm reminded of the old "giving up liberty for safety" quote.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod