Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Hate crimes a one way street?

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,462 Senior Member
Where is CNN when the hate crimes are being committed?

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/man-beaten-mob-critical-condition-ar-3659891/

This is the ONLY article I have found including several local Fox news sites that included the races of the two parties involved. Now the Zimmerman case was all over the news as being a hate crime before the crime scene tape was removed from the scene. Not saying that this was right or wrong what Owens did was right, but did it warrant a beating by 20 something men?
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    "Hate crime" only applies if the victim is colored. What color? Anything but white it seems.

"Justice for Trayvon"? Gimme a break. Thugs.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    That's the way it is, Whitey deserved it. Out here in my neighborhood a bunch of black kids beat the hell out of two white girls, one requiring facial re-constructive surgery. All they got was community service. They were here trick or treating in a neighborhood that they didn't live in. It's the way it is and it drives me nuts.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    It's a real shame the guy that got beaten didn't have a hand grenade.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Hate Crimes a one way street? Obviously. when was the last time you ever heard of a person of color being tried for a hate crime?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I hate, hate crimes. Why? Everyone is equal, in my mind. No one person is better than another, and as such the penalty for ______(insert crime here) should be the same for EVERYONE. This goes for police officers as well. Im sure that will step on some toes, ask me if I care. A person is a person is a person, period, end of story.

I TOTALLY agree with you on this CPJ. To enhance the penalty for one class, race, or other designation is to effectively diminish it for others.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    I TOTALLY agree with you on this CPJ. To enhance the penalty for one class, race, or other designation is to effectively diminish it for others.

Luis

Never tell cpj you agree with him, it will go to his haid:jester:

Actually, he is right, one life or the consequences for bringing harm/death to it should not be punished any more than another. Except for crimes against children, that's when the piano wire and nut-cutters should come out.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    What upsets me about this story is neighbors who saw and herd this beating did nothing to stop it !! Are these people to poor to own a shotgun or just
    sheep waiting for the cop's that will never come. Had any of these attackers been shot all hell would have broken out, Mobile would be on fire today. At
    some point you must defend yourself and family what ever the consequences. Its coming, unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, if Zimmerman
    walks, my car gun will be up-graded. Talk with your family, have a plan to get everyone home if Zimmerman walks.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    I hate, hate crimes. Why? Everyone is equal, in my mind. No one person is better than another, and as such the penalty for ______(insert crime here) should be the same for EVERYONE. This goes for police officers as well. Im sure that will step on some toes, ask me if I care. A person is a person is a person, period, end of story.

Chris Pierre' Jordan for President!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    You lie, you know you feel superior.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Hate Crimes a one way street? Obviously. when was the last time you ever heard of a person of color being tried for a hate crime?
    NEVER! That's 'cause AA don't hate anyone, I guess. These savages are no better than terrorists...it reminds me of what the towelheads do when someone burns a Koran.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member

Hate crimes criminalize THOUGHT. What they were thinking while doing something is now a crime.

This is a slippery, slippery slope. How much longer until there is just a crime for thinking without acting?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Hate Crime legislation violates the equal protection under the law clause by adding enhanced (real longer and/or harsher punishment). They give the protected classes a free pass when they do the same thing.

Just my opinion, but if this type of behavior continues, there is going to be some backlash. They beat up someone not ready for a conflict. One day soon, they will pick the wrong victim, and there will be deadly consequences.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Yes, and it is coming, not will it come but WHEN!! How sad that one of the main stokers of this fire if not the main one has been Obama!!!! How he has divided this country like no other single person has in my memory. Yes, how sad and dangerous indeed.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but if this type of behavior continues, there is going to be some backlash. They beat up someone not ready for a conflict. One day soon, they will pick the wrong victim, and there will be deadly consequences.

And they will once again try to blame guns, or Zimmerman, or anyone other than those who are truly responsible: they themselves.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    And they will once again try to blame guns, or Zimmerman, or anyone other than those who are truly responsible: they themselves.

True words. :up:
    An addition to what you said. The mainstream media is pretty much wholly responsible for ginning up the hate meter on this mess. And they will not admit to any of it. Around the same time that the Zimmerman thing got started 40 people in Chicago were wounded and several killed in one weekend of a gang gun violence dustup, and not one peep on the tube about it. It was barely a blip on the internet news services. Why the Zimmerman case got so much attention is beyond understanding.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Hate crimes criminalize THOUGHT. What they were thinking while doing something is now a crime.

This is a slippery, slippery slope. How much longer until there is just a crime for thinking without acting?

^That^

If justice is to be 'blind' to factors outside the scope of a crime, why should the motive be considered save for confirming that a motive does exist? In other words, does the 'why' really matter? Either a crime has been commited, or a crime has not. To me, motive often seems irrellevant.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I'm expecting someone to empty a couple of double-stack magazines into a crowd of attackers eventually. That will have one of two possible results- - - -either the rabble-rousers will figure out they can't go around inciting violence without consequences, or the war will be on. Either way, there will be a resolution to the problem! I notice Sharpton is appealing for "calm" now- - - - -maybe somebody got the messaage to him that he's in the crosshairs?
    Jerry
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Maybe not in crosshairs, but a lot of people are realizing that they were duped by the media. We were not there, so we won’t know for sure, but it is becoming obvious that the young Mr Martin was not an upstanding young boy.

What the media has done and actions such as Spike Lee tweeting Mr Zimmerman’s home address should be criminal and those responsible should be held liable for their actions.

Even my wife has commented that if Mr Zimmerman is acquitted, she will depart work early that day, with her handgun in her purse and a shotgun will be available in the home once she arrives.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Hate Crime legislation violates the equal protection under the law clause by adding enhanced (real longer and/or harsher punishment). They give the protected classes a free pass when they do the same thing.

:agree:
    I should have just quoted your whole post, since I find the whole thing to be particularly on point.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.