Clothing for the fashion savvy CHL holder (NY Times article)

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,425 Senior Member
Just an article about the "fashion industry" increasing their catering towards the Concealed Carry crowd. I personally don't think any particular mode of dress screams "gun" if it is worn properly, however I personally am not a fan of all the "tactical" clothing so this is at least somewhat interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/24/us/fashion-statement-is-clear-the-gun-isnt.html?_r=1
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    My only concern here, shotgun, is why are you reading the NYT? You KNOW they have no comics (unless of course you consider the editorial page).

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    $65, no thanks; I'll wear Wrangler jeans and buy 5 pair for that price.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    samzhere wrote: »
    My only concern here, shotgun, is why are you reading the NYT? You KNOW they have no comics (unless of course you consider the editorial page).
    Sam:
    It is a leadership thing.
    If the Lt reads it, the troops might read.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Uncle BSUncle BS Member Posts: 380 Member
    Meh... Especially not for $65.00. I'll keep wearing the carpenters pants. I've never found an elastic waistband fashionable.
    cpj wrote: »
    Wow. I never knew I enjoyed grilled foreskin.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,328 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    5.11 pants, Danner hiking boots, tucked in t-shirt with open big shirt over it and a SureFire hat with Oakley glasses on, whole "ensemble" in earth tones. If you see that guy walking around, he's packing!!! :guns:
    If you see the same guy with a Maxpedition FatBoy on, he's ready for war... :yikes:

What if he is there but you don't see him?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    Or... if you see a guy at the home improvement store and he's wearing an IDPA hat, you'll probably look for signs of a carry piece.

Saw that while I was buying stuff to make bullet lube.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    5.11 pants, Danner hiking boots, tucked in t-shirt with open big shirt over it and a SureFire hat with Oakley glasses on, whole "ensemble" in earth tones. If you see that guy walking around, he's packing!!! :guns:
    If you see the same guy with a Maxpedition FatBoy on, he's ready for war... :yikes:

And if you see him with a back pack you can bet that it's full of loud 'n brights, a Heckler and Koch shorty 5.56, and lots of mags for said shorty.

If I see him, I'm buying him a Guinness!

:tooth:
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,425 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    And if you see him with a back pack you can bet that it's full of loud 'n brights, a Heckler and Koch shorty 5.56, and lots of mags for said shorty.

If I see him, I'm buying him a Guinness!

:tooth:

You mean to get a Guinness all I have to do is dress like that and carry cool stuff around?!
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    You mean to get a Guinness all I have to do is dress like that and carry cool stuff around?!

So long as you're also wearing those nifty toe shoes, sure! :roll2:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member

You do not use challenge coins ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Might as well get him to wear a skimpy party dress too ! :tooth:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,425 Senior Member

Be careful what you wish for...
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    One of the people in this photo is carrying a full size 1911 and a P32. He paid $25 for the cargo pants and $10 for the shirt. Also, he loves his Mom.

546522_408312442521858_100000293164831_1528884_656534812_n.jpg
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
    :that:
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    rbsivley wrote: »
    One of the people in this photo is carrying a full size 1911 and a P32. He paid $25 for the cargo pants and $10 for the shirt. Also, he loves his Mom.

546522_408312442521858_100000293164831_1528884_656534812_n.jpg

The guy on the left. Great camo!!!!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • REDDEVILREDDEVIL Member Posts: 153 Member
    :agree::silly::silly::silly::silly::worthy::applause:
    Diusterios wrote: »
    ---
    Welcome aboard