Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

For 22 murder victims, LA Riots leave legacy of justice eluded

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Some say to avoid scenes like this, they will find Zimmerman (FLA Shooting) guilty of SOMETHING? I dunno.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/29/for-22-murder-victims-la-riots-leave-legacy-justice-eluded/?test=latestnews

"Twenty years ago, Los Angeles erupted in riots after four cops were acquitted in the videotaped beating of Rodney King, but during an uprising supposedly in the name of justice, some people got away with murder.

During the five "Days of Outrage," a disbelieving nation watched on television as looters broke store windows and emptied shelves, Korean grocers sat atop their stores with assault rifles and fires were set throughout South Central and other parts of the city. Beatings, including the brutal one administered to truck driver Reginald Denny, were captured on video by news crews."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/29/for-22-murder-victims-la-riots-leave-legacy-justice-eluded/?test=latestnews#ixzz1tWDQVW6B
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    I saw a similar article on MSN website the other day too. There are some factions and groups on this planet that seek any little excuse they can find to riot, and cause chaos and mayhem just for the sake of it. We can lump this into the same catagory as when MLK was assisinated, and riots broke out all over the USA.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    I saw a similar article on MSN website the other day too. There are some factions and groups on this planet that seek any little excuse they can find to riot, and cause chaos and mayhem just for the sake of it. We can lump this into the same catagory as when MLK was assisinated, and riots broke out all over the USA.
    I distinctly remember the day, and I couldn't drive the street I normally took home after work, because there were police blocking the road, and told me to find another way into my subdivision. Apparently, they were only stopping white people from passing through there. They also rioted and looted during the NYC power failure in 1965. I guess THAT was considered an 'injustice' as well....whatever that means. Rioting and chaos are the left-wing, commie way.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I lived in North Long Beach, (aka South Comptom), during the '92 riots. It was nothing more than an opportunity to loot and burn. When you eyewitness a VERY pregnant woman pushing a brand new couch down the sidewalk or teens with grocery carts full of car batteries and TVs, you know damn well it is not about injustice.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,899 Senior Member
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    :rotflmao:

If it was only that easy!
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Big BatteryBig Battery Member Posts: 203 Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I lived in North Long Beach, (aka South Comptom), during the '92 riots. It was nothing more than an opportunity to loot and burn. When you eyewitness a VERY pregnant woman pushing a brand new couch down the sidewalk or teens with grocery carts full of car batteries and TVs, you know damn well it is not about injustice.

Exactly... The '92 LA riots were not about Rodney King but more about opportunity. North LB was the northern front for Orange County... thank you for holding them there.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »

:spittingcoffee: LOVE IT!!!! :that:
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    I lived in Simi Valley where the case against the 4 officers were held to be not guilty. I remember the riots and burnings of buildings in South Central well. The Police had roadblocks into Simi Valley for residents only as the blacks threatened to riot and loot in Simi Valley. Not a good idea as many officers from LAPD lived in Simi Valley. Only 4 access roads into the Valley so would have been difficult for they to enter, plus a lot of citizens with firearms living there.

Looters came from San Diego as they saw on TV that the police were not stopping anyone from looting. The above cartoon is very correct, too bad it doesn't happen.