I’m a girl, and I hunt. An article from Foxnews.com.

rbsivleyrbsivley Senior MemberPosts: 1,055 Senior Member
Thought some of ya'll hunters might like this article.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/10/im-girl-and-hunt/?intcmp=features
Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

Replies

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,491 Senior Member
    Cool artical! I'm envyous when I see other hunters in the field with their wives. Sure wish I could get mine to hunt but I'm happy she likes to fish. While reading some of the comments it amazes me how some guys don't get it, a lady like that would have no time for fools like them. As for the deseases you can get from wild game vs store bought...I'll take my chances.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,627 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    Cool artical! I'm envyous when I see other hunters in the field with their wives. Sure wish I could get mine to hunt but....

Hunting is an ESCAPE from everyday life! Jobs, chores, and yes, spouses!
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 735 Senior Member
    I don't see hunting as an ESCAPE. I'm not escaping from anything, it's just who I am. It's who my father was and who my sons are. My wife and daughters-in-law don't hunt but, if they wanted to, we'd be OK with it. My grandchildren probably will, since they already want to go to "deer camp" with us.

Some day, they'll just haul me up into the mountains and I'll be the camp cook and I'll be OK with that too.

Hawk
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Fantastic article. And to me, hunting is also an escape. Hunting and fishing is a major part of my identity and when I'm pursuing either of those activities, I block out everything else that's going on with me and I tunnel in to the activity. When I hunt, cell phones don't work where I'm at and we don't have the internet. I turn my cell phone off in Crestview on Friday afternoon and don't turn it on again until I get home on Sunday evening. For about three days every week from mid October to the end of February I'm not thinking about jobs, bills, customers, ect. All I think about is game movement, stands in the proper locations, healthy food plots, good shooting lanes, ect.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Fantastic article. And to me, hunting is also an escape. Hunting and fishing is a major part of my identity and when I'm pursuing either of those activities, I block out everything else that's going on with me and I tunnel in to the activity. When I hunt, cell phones don't work where I'm at and we don't have the internet. I turn my cell phone off in Crestview on Friday afternoon and don't turn it on again until I get home on Sunday evening. For about three days every week from mid October to the end of February I'm not thinking about jobs, bills, customers, ect. All I think about is game movement, stands in the proper locations, healthy food plots, good shooting lanes, ect.

So well said, + ONE Fisheadgib YES!!! I really like the article, it was great.
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    Wow, now that is a real woman....in my book. I might get married yet!!
  • AmcottsAmcotts New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    I was not going to believe on that but now I came to know that it really works. I appreciate and
    just keep it up.
    But there was something seems to be disgusting but not going to share because it can be consider
    disgusting too. Should I do?
    regards