Some things do come back! The infamous thread!

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    Excellent!

Now for "Winchester versus Marlin"
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    So thats where his avatar came from........ lmao
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,346 Senior Member
    Mike needs to come in and copy the text from that cached page into a fresh thread on here (and date stamp it with the original date.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Good warmonkey <patonback>
    I'll post the text here, so we can have it for as long as THIS forum lasts
    Linefinder wrote:
    Got up at 4 am to see what p'dogs do at daylight. Drank a pot of coffee while waking up and driving to the dogtown. 35 degrees and 20 mph winds mean the 'dogs don't do nothin' at daylight.By 7:30 to say the coffee was wanting to go thru me like stuff thru a goose would be putting it mildly. This country is flat...no trees, no stumps....the highest physical feature would be the center-stripe on the state highway a few miles away toward the horizon. And it's way too cold to be baring it all over the edge of the truck bed. No problem, Mike remembers he has a 5 gallon plastic bucket "the kind sheet-rock mud comes in" in the back of the truck, and some nice soft aloe impregnated toilet paper in the tool box. The bucket and paper suffice quite nicely. Mikes world is going extremely well at this point. Not wanting to empty the bucket on the kind ranchers pasture "duh....cowpatties galore, I'm gonna have to try to figure out my logic here", I put it in the back of the truck to dispose of at a better time and locale.About an hour later, the first p'dog shows up, and I knew he was close, but I zapped him with the rangefinder anyway. 147 yard chip shot...didn't even have to take the wind into account.I remember thinking as I snuggled into the sand bags what in the heck would make a p'dog want to commit suicide so early in the morning.At the shot, the stuff hit the fan, so to speak. I guess the muzzle of the 26" tube on my 6mm was directly over the open bucket in the back of the truck. The muzzle blast vaporized the contents, and red parts of the prairie dog weren't the only matter to come raining down. Yep....me, my truck, my rifles, and even one of my open ammo cans got a brown shower. Fortunately, the only thing remotely recognizable was a few clots of toilet paper. The p'dog fared much worse than I.

I think there's a lesson here somewhere. If ya'all figure it out, please let me know!

If I've offended anyone with this tale, I guess I'll have to find out later...I've gotta go get a shower....

Mike

I wish I lived in the zone. Unfortunately, my zone is about a quarter of an inch across. As often as not, I find myself living in the street.
    And for doing such a good job, you can take these to the corner with you as a reward banana.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member
    Mike will be SO pleased to have this thread resurrected! ;-}
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    My special smiley for Mike...

****.gif

:devil:
    Did not have to click on Bream's link. That smiley was all I needed to joggle my memory. Classic!!
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    OK, you guys who have been on here fer awhile...............who was it that took a bath with his .22 rifle and lots of Hoppes #9???????????????????? Said it left a heck of a ring in da tub and on him:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,543 Senior Member
    Kewl, bream! Maybe someday we'll get the remaining pages, since IMO, the responses were a lot better than the original post.:tooth:

Hmmm.....makes me wonder if there's a way to get my old avatar back, since the jpeg for it was stored on an old computer that I've long since replaced.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 403 Member
    Well, Mike....I discovered this from an archive I saved. When I dbl-clicked it on my system my imbedded 'Quick Time' player grabbed it and,.... voila....

Hopefully, I dinint just step into something...:tooth:
    Ahhhhhh....................I'm back.

Thanks, Bob!:cool2:

Mike
    KSU Firefighter
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Only problem is, it don't seem to be blowing stuff up. IIRC, this forum software won't allow animations.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Ya know, that's weird. I noticed it doesn't animate while I'm looking at it in Mike's avatar, but it's blowing stuff all over the place as I view it in my post that imbedded it......using Firefox 5.0. :uhm:

I'm easily confused, and this is another good example.
    I tried to use a GIF as my avatar, and I got the rejection that animated pics are forbidden by the software. Evidently they are okay to post, just not use as avatars.

Keep asking questions, newbie.
    Overkill is underrated.
    OK.

What are they OK to post, but not use as avatars? :jester:
    Because the software monkeys don't like 'em.

Might also be that animated avatars can be distracting, and maybe a take a little longer to load.
    Overkill is underrated.
    It's okay with me if it doesn't animate. I mean, let's face it........I've been getting stuff blown all over me for, what,.....seven years now?:fan:

Mike
    KSU Firefighter
  • BillyDBillyD Member Posts: 191 Member
    That is just wrong man just wrong. I think I had erased that thread from my memory. Now I have to do it again.
  • Jeff1965Jeff1965 New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    Reminds me of the time I weedeated a hidden dogpile, instant dog doo spraying through the surroundings- mouth open in shock and awe.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    And to think that Mike crashed the old place to get away from that thread!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    What really surprised me was your willingness to share such a story.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    Nice. A classic comes home.
  • LOLLOL Member Posts: 41 Member
    Mike you know there are those day, that you just need a good laugh, this has always brought one to me.
    I have done some foolish things are worst. Now i know there are other that have those days as well.
  • tapehosertapehoser New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    Almost forgot this story. So funny to read again. Good times....
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Just please don't go looking for Billy Chuck's toes! :drool:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    It's okay with me if it doesn't animate. I mean, let's face it........I've been getting stuff blown all over me for, what,.....seven years now?:fan:

Mike

Try putting it in your sig line............I miss that animation. It put a whole new meaning on the term 'Bucket List'
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Man! There were some epic threads in the old archives! Sure wish we could get them back....................
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Man! There were some epic threads in the old archives! Sure wish we could get them back....................

Any day now they will be restored......................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Any day now they will be restored......................

I have heard this many, many times over the past few years. IT speak with forked tongue like great chief in Washington, D.C. Archives are like the great book by Margret Mitchell, "Gone With The Wind". :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.