Home Main Category General Firearms

Got an Inland M1 Carbine at the nations gun show today!

ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior MemberPosts: 666 Senior Member
Today I went up to Chantilly Va with a friend and spend most of the day going through the gun show! Man that place is huge! I ran across an Inland M1 carbine and the seller, before I even asked said "I got some room on that price" I got it for $100.00 less then his asking price. He described it as a "post war rebuild". I shot it 5 times in the back yard when I got home and it grouped real nice. The action is loose in the stock and so that will need to be fixed. But otherwise I am glad I found it. Here it is!
112_1215.jpg
112_1216.jpg
The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Very nice. I love shooting that Lil carbine.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    You suck! I kick myself all the time for not picking up an M1 Carbine when the CMP had them.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to cuddle with my Garand instead.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Most carbines got rebuilt after the war. My Inland has the STD.PROD. rebuild mark on the stock. The little M-1 Carbine , which I always brushed off as pretty much useless , has an interesting history and quite a few good-reading books are out there.
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    I've always had a good time shooting mine. It's one of those rifles that I don't care if it's accurate or not, I still like taking it to the range. Kind of like hanging out with great grand dad, what he tells ya may not hold water but sure is great being around him.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Nice Matt.. Mine looks pretty much like that too!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Nice! I just acquired a post-war commercial carbine (see new thread) from a friend and can't wait to let her dance!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Congrats!:guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!