Home Main Category General Firearms

What with everybody buying M1 Carbines. . .

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 9,327 Senior Member
I might as well do a forum PSA for a parts outlet:

http://www.riverbankarmory.com/parts1.html

They seem to have a fair stash of Garand parts too.
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Well, in my case, I was helping a friend who needed cash. But I'll check out the link, thanks slug!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Prices sure have gone up !!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Because they can.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Because they can.

And I don't understand why. Back when you could pick up a milsurp or a new Iver Johnson for less than 200.00 I had no interest in them and I dang sure have no interest at three times that price. Back then people bought them to use as a beater truck gun. AR's cost only slightly more if at all than they cost twenty years ago, mini 14's cost twice as much, and 30 carbines are three times as much.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    And I don't understand why. Back when you could pick up a milsurp or a new Iver Johnson for less than 200.00 I had no interest in them and I dang sure have no interest at three times that price. Back then people bought them to use as a beater truck gun. AR's cost only slightly more if at all than they cost twenty years ago, mini 14's cost twice as much, and 30 carbines are three times as much.
    That's your reason. The higher numbers of beater (and beat-up) truck guns has led to fewer pristine specimens (like the ones that folks are buying now), and supply and demand has kicked in. The beaters are getting sold at beater prices.

Also, they're making more AR's and Mini-14's. They aren't making any more genuine WWII and Korean-vintage M1 carbines.

Plus the dollar has gone down in value.
    I'm just here for snark.