Armed citizen stops knife crazy man with a knife

rbsivleyrbsivley Senior MemberPosts: 1,055 Senior Member

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    A happy ending !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,455 Senior Member
    The dude did exactly what needed to be done, and did it in a way that leves no doubt about his intent. He stopped the attack, the bad guy goes to jail, (probably...gotta figure an insanity plea) and nobody gets to scream racism or over-eager gun owner looking for a fight. Well done!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    Apparently, the alleged nutcase wasn't so far out of control that looking down the business end of a gun didn't get his attention!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    I dunno, someone's gonna mention race... after all, the knife wielding whackjob was yelling "You killed my people!" Who are His People?

Anyway, good job by the CCW'er; I read the news story on a facebook link, but surprise, no mention of it on CNN, HLN, Fox, MSNBC, not one of the major media outlets. But had the guy been put down by the police and not stopped by a private citizen, it would be all over the waves...

Edit
    Update on the story... http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Man-uses-concealed-weapon-to-stop-stabbing-spree/zdZzsT6hNk2Q9tJtkKq3VA.cspx
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    That's about as perfect an example of how society is better off with concealed carry as I've ever seen.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    That's about as perfect an example of how society is better off with concealed carry as I've ever seen.

And that's why you won't see it on the main stream media.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    And that's why you won't see it on the main stream media.

You got THAT right.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • OjahuOjahu New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    Talk about being in total control of the situation. I'd like to see how he ordered the man to drop his knife. I'm willing to bet that he did it with authority.

Oh, if the man ended up shooting the knife-wielding man without asking him to drop the knife, then it will be all over the news, implying that the man with the gun used excessive force.
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
    Teach wrote: »
    Apparently, the alleged nutcase wasn't so far out of control that looking down the business end of a gun didn't get his attention!
    Jerry

Jerry said it best, if that guy had not dropped the knife and attacked the CCW holder, it might have went badly for him.... the outcome was also depending on the actions of the bad guy....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • rjaxonrjaxon New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    News bits like this just presents the advantage of why people who carry guns are to be promoted or just left with what they want rather than get bashed by the thought of how dangerous they could be.

Though this favorable article could simple be countered by how a few other people who just plainly, out of nowhere, starts shooting the random public. A double edged sword, still.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,455 Senior Member
    :uhm: Explain.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    He is saying this article only presents the one sided view or opinion that CCW is good, but does not address the point that people that CCW are in his opinion inherently or potentially dangerous and could also shoot innocent people at random, "a double edged sword"