Home Main Category General Firearms

m16

ritzritz New MemberPosts: 1 New Member
What is an M16 EI worth that came off the field in Vietnam in excellent condition in 1967?

Replies

  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,540 Senior Member
    $18,623.97 + tax. Sell it on ebay.
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    ritz wrote: »
    What is an M16 EI worth that came off the field in Vietnam in excellent condition in 1967?

    What kind of IDIOT gets on an internet forum and posts something like this? HaHaHaHaHa I swear stupid is really out this week. Is there a full moon out this week or something? Bwahahahahahahahaha OMG this is just hilarious! Just ask the ATF when they show up at your door hahahahahahahahahahah
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Probably some little kid that was not even alive during the Vietnam era, For a while you could buy surplus Vietnam era M-16 kits with the full auto parts removed and could build it as a legal semi auto.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Wow Matt that was uncalled for. It's a legitimate question. He never said he had one, just asked the value.

    As to the OP, Gun digest says $14K-$22k depending on condition
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    Quinian wrote: »
    Wow Matt that was uncalled for. It's a legitimate question. He never said he had one, just asked the value.

    As to the OP, Gun digest says $14K-$22k depending on condition

    He says "taken off the field" and gives a description of its condition.....he has one...or he knows someone that does. Or he is a kid making it up. But you will have to forgive my outburst. I have been surrounded by idiots all week and now I come here and see this guy inviting his front door to be blown in by storm troopers. I cant escape it....THEY are everywhere lol
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • softwarejanitorsoftwarejanitor Member Posts: 241 Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Probably some little kid that was not even alive during the Vietnam era, For a while you could buy surplus Vietnam era M-16 kits with the full auto parts removed and could build it as a legal semi auto.....

    I think you still can. SARCO has been selling AR kits which the uppers, stocks and hardware are surplus early M16 or M16A1 for a while. A lot of the internal parts in their kits are recent production aftermarket of course (especially the important parts like the hammer, sear and selector lever). Some other parts like the bolt carrier may be modified full auto parts. And of course the lower you have to supply yourself, but you can get a NODAK retro lower if you want to complete a Vietnam-era looking AR.
  • TugarTugar Senior Member Posts: 2,423 Senior Member
    Go back to MW3.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
    Winston Churchill
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    ritz wrote: »
    What is an M16 EI worth that came off the field in Vietnam in excellent condition in 1967?

    Ritz, pardon our rudeness, but this kind of question doesn't get asked here everyday. It can be a very touchy subject. You might want to give more details if you're not in violation of anything. Let us know the circumstances of how you or whoever you're referring to got possession of such a firearm, if it is legally possessed. If not, You might want to seriously consider the advice you receive on here and ****!!!

    We may not be the biggest fans of the ATF on here, but we aren't out to piss em off either. You ever hear of the Golden Rule? He who has the Gold makes the Rule. And the ATF has ALL the gold.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I know what you mean, I feel like that much of the time too.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Ritz, pardon our rudeness, but this kind of question doesn't get asked here everyday. It can be a very touchy subject. You might want to give more details if you're not in violation of anything. Let us know the circumstances of how you or whoever you're referring to got possession of such a firearm, if it is legally possessed. If not, You might want to seriously consider the advice you receive on here and ****!!!

    We may not be the biggest fans of the ATF on here, but we aren't out to piss em off either. You ever hear of the Golden Rule? He who has the Gold makes the Rule. And the ATF has ALL the gold.

    Also, realize his question may be hypothetical, a what if fantasy question, such a rifle may not exist outside his imagination, and he only wants to know what such a thing might be worth, if it did exist.... I remember the parts kits, it was a cheaper way to put together a legal semi auto AR-15, with vintage Vietnam era parts....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Depends if it's a Colt , or one of the super rare special forces tactical prototypes made by Mattel.

    vra6qg.jpg


    The market is actually flooded with Colts , because every other soldier , sailor , airman and marine brought back a dozen or so in his duffelbag.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,540 Senior Member
    John Wayne used to carry one of those ultra rare Mattel models. Value at yard sale: $50-150 based upon condition of the internal speaker.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    That is a real firearm in that photo, note the pin for the auto sear, a $50- $150 toy would not have that........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    That is a real firearm in that photo, note the pin for the auto sear, a $50- $150 toy would not have that........

    You ever heard of photoshop?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Depends if it's a Colt , or one of the super rare special forces tactical prototypes made by Mattel.

    vra6qg.jpg


    The market is actually flooded with Colts , because every other soldier , sailor , airman and marine brought back a dozen or so in his duffelbag.

    I think Ronco made quite a few also.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    You ever heard of photoshop?


    No, what is that ???? :tooth: looks pretty much like if any part was shopped, it was the name........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I think Ronco made quite a few also.



    Hasbro made some lowers.

    HasbroAr1copy.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement