Guns and self-defense tips

13»

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    American of Japanese ancestry. Sansei or third generation. But all us asians look alike.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    You'll need to share the "token" status with Mythaeus. He's Vietnamese, and a thoroughly nice guy, even considering his somewhat liberal political leanings. Before the SE shoot videos disappeared down the black hole with the rest of the archives, we had some interesting proof of his shooting skills, including him shooting Tennmike's big 50!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    I didn't know that. Cool. Now we can take over the world.:tooth:

MingtheMerciless.jpg
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Just chill :chill: on the merciless part !!! :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Uncle BSUncle BS Member Posts: 380 Member
    It is a great lesponsibility being the token asian on the folum. I must make sure plopea terminology is used.

ROR.jpg

Bwahahahahaha!!! Must stop laughing, Can't breathe, tears rolling down face.
    cpj wrote: »
    Wow. I never knew I enjoyed grilled foreskin.
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Just chill :chill: on the merciless part !!! :jester:

Agreed, just keep that guy in the gold lame hot pants away from us.
    Remember Ming's daughter in the last Flash Gordon movie ????

princess-aura.jpg

Princess Aura !!!! very hawt !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Agreed, just keep that guy in the gold lame hot pants away from us.

Who, this guy?
    rocky-horror-a-creation-profile.jpg
    "In just seven days, I can make you a maaaaannnn...."
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Never stick a .44 magnum in your pants after just firing it while the barrel is still hot...:yikes:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    Who, this guy?
    rocky-horror-a-creation-profile.jpg
    "In just seven days, I can make you a maaaaannnn...."

Oh, Rocky...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    It is a great lesponsibility being the token asian on the folum. I must make sure plopea terminology is used.

ROR.jpg

I love that, you gotta have a good sense of humor to survive on here................:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Nothing like a spammer to bring out the joker in all of us.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    And, speaking of spam, no spam thread would be complete without:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• krialsharmakrialsharma New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    GUN AND SELF-DEFENSE TIPS

Building self defense makes a brilliant way to protect oneself against threat to property and personal life. Possessing a weapon such as gun, tazer gun and mustard spray requires responsibility on part of the owner. They should not be used to intimidate others but to protect oneself.

Self-defense tips

1. Purchase Guns - The primary choice for weapon namely - handguns, shotguns, revolvers and pistols. They require a license to own a gun depending on your country. The process of acquiring them requires psychological tests from police and investigative agencies. For further information "BUYING GUNS ONLINE" (WAMBLI: THIS IS WHERE HE INBEDED THE SPAM!) serves as one of best resource about guns.

2. Use tazer - this is a small handgun like device that can shoot a more than meter wire where a jolting voltage will run. The voltage is enough to immobilize an attacker.

3. Learn martial arts- for weapon free combat, this is the best weapon you can have. Judo, aikido, taekwondo and other Asian and western techniques. Shape your body first with body building for best results in learning martial arts.

4. Utilize pepper spray. They can be made of mustard or pepper liquid that can provide a non lethal weapon choice.

5. Install security devices in your house if within your budge. CCTVs, cameras, automated door locks, and trigger alarm systems will help your house deterrent for burglars.

Well yes i totally agree with you . building self defense techniques are always help full. One can protect themselves without guns , its not necessary to have gun it may involve some one in big trouble. Self defense techniques are always helpful.
  • sandysteveessandystevees New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    Excellent advice,.Self defense and self protection are an important priority for women.Self defense is important because statistics say that all women are good candidates to become victims of violent crime at any point in their lives. According to statistics, a woman who is only 21 years of age has a 25 percent risk of suffering violent crime in her life. Self defense is more than just okay. When a woman's safety is in danger, defending herself by fighting back is the most ethical decision she can make.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member

I was stationed in Japan from 98-00. Sylv taught 2 English language classes, one beginner and one intermediate, the for about a year. One day I had to sub for her for time and I was sitting with the intermediate group just BSing for a few minutes to loosen them up to me. Most of them were in their 50s and had been together in the class for 15 years. They had workbooks but rarely used them. So, I picked up my book and said "I reckon we better get started" One of them said what is this word "reckon". So, I spent the next hour explaining "reckon" and other worlds of the Old English Southern language to them and walked out with a cool $100.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • aroundaround New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    mr know it all hey will Hayden
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/04/robert-farago/red-jacket-firearms-safety-sucks/ They were so impressed that they do not plan on doing any business with Red Jacket Firearms

TTAG commentator Freddie Serna posted this underneath SHOT Show Snaps: Red Jacket Firearms and R. Lee Ermey. We’ve lifted it from that post and republished it here with Mr. Serna’s permission.

“You can do what I did to show how irresponsible and dangerous Red Jacket Firearms and the Discovery Channel are. I introduced the Sons of Guns episode “Blanks Prank” [above] to our executive officers and safety department. They were very impressed with the safety aspects that Will Hayden was conveying. They were so impressed that they do not plan on doing any business with Red Jacket Firearms. I work for the nuclear plant in Arizona and we have quite a large number of former military personnel as well as former police officers in our security department . . .

We also exchange information (good or bad) with the other nuclear plants in the U.S. and abroad. Generally INPO 1 plants set the standards for the other nuclear plants. What the best practiced plants do the others follow suit especially if it involves nuclear or industrial safety. Wall Street and insurance companies also look very closely on the involvement of companies when it involves safety. The companies stocks and insurance rates are dictated by how much a company gets involved with safety. OSHA also has their hands deep into everything when it comes to safety.

So if you work for a company that has any type of security department that uses or has plans to acquire AR15/M4 based weapons or any weapons for that matter introduce them to the Sons of Guns “Blanks Prank” video. A simple e-mail is all it takes. Most company execs will find it appalling and will not authorize any funds toward acquiring RJF products.

Does it matter to Will Hayden, Red Jacket Firearms or the Discovery Channel? IDK. I would guess that it probably doesn’t as long as they continue to have a big fan base. But you can only do what you can do.”

Related posts:

Question of the Day: Red Jacket Firearms. Really?
    New Sons of Guns Red Jacket Firearms AR. And?
    Sons of Guns Red Jacket Firearms Hayden: Our AR Sets a New Standard
    SHOT Show Snaps: Red Jacket Firearms and R. Lee Ermey
    What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Red Jacket Firearms AR-15 Mounted Saiga-12 Shotgun Edition
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    What just happened?
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    At first I thought it was more spam, but I really like the new guy!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Now that was random.:uhm:
    I think that qualifies as spam, random hijacked Stupid Posting by an Artificial inteligence or a Moron
    It may be spam, but he's been around.:roll:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,869 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    You'll need to share the "token" status with Mythaeus. He's Vietnamese, and a thoroughly nice guy, even considering his somewhat liberal political leanings. Before the SE shoot videos disappeared down the black hole with the rest of the archives, we had some interesting proof of his shooting skills, including him shooting Tennmike's big 50!
    Jerry
    Sorry Jerry, I hadn't noticed this earlier......
    I give you Mythaeus. I thought I had a video of him shooting the 50, but I guess not :tissue:
    So here he is shooting some tannerite
    th_DSCN0115.jpg
    and here's a still of he and his wife
    DSCN0100.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Don't be caught a defecating when you should be a gettin (your gun).
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Don't be caught a defecating when you should be a gettin (your gun).

I got a high cap. 9sillymeter and 2 extra mags in the washstand by the poopin' stool in easy reach. Don't even have to get up to reach it. Just poop 'n' shoot from a sitting position! :rotflmao: Ain't no need to interrupt important business just to take care of a varmint that got indoors.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Which brings up the questions people.

What's your favorite john gun?

Does anybody make porcelain grips?

Should the TP roll be located on the left or right?