Home Main Category General Firearms

Prvi Partizan Brass / Ammo?

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 9,396 Senior Member
Anybody done enough reloading with this brass to form a quality assessment?

I'm pricing .375 H&H brass to blow out to Ackley spec in the upcoming M1917 project (the .375 Ruger concept has been retired). Remington seems to be going for about the same price at around $0.75 per hull.
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I have reloaded pp brass in several MILSURP rifle calibers with no issues. I usually buy pp factory ammo (which is pretty good in its own right) and then save the brass for reloading.

Some of it in 7.62X54R has been reloaded 6 or more times.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    I was using it since back when it was imported under the Hansen Cartridge Company brand. I do believe it was still Yugoslavia back then. Primer pockets were a bit tight , but no issues with cracking or hard sizing.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I use Wolf brass for my 8x57 Mauser. Isn't it supposed to be about the same thing? I bought 120 Rounds of Wolf Gold 8x57 when i bought my first Mauser and I've saved all the brass and reloaded it. No issues and after I bedded my latest Mauser build in 8x57, it is shooting 1" groups with the reloads. I'm reloading Sierra 150 grain Interlock over 54.7 grains of BLC-2 with CCI LRPs. A load I found on here was for 55 grains BLC-2 with 150 grain bullets. When I shot these at the range they showed no evident signs of pressure, but after resizing, tumbling, and further cleaning the brass, when I reprimed them some of the pockets were pretty loose. So I dropped the powder back by .3 grains. Maybe it was borderline hi pressure in my rifle. Not sure, but I figure if .3 grains of powder stops enlarging the primer pockets, then that's great. However, maybe the brass is just crap too. I'll let you know how it works out.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Wolf Gold is nothing but Prvi Partizan in a Wolf box. "Wolf" actually doesn't make ANY ammo I'm aware of, PPU makes their centerfire ammo, SK Jagd their rimfire, some company in Spain makes their shotgun ammo and I'm not sure who makes their steel cased stuff, but I believe it's Tula

I thought it was something like that, but I wasn't sure. Someone here, I believe it was Teach, had said that Wolf Gold had Prvi Partisan make their ammo.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I should have speciified that PPU makes their brass cased ammo

Whatever. the main message is that Wolf doesn't make it.