Home Main Category General Firearms

I Got The North Fork Bullets To Shoot

beartrackerbeartracker Senior MemberPosts: 3,116 Senior Member

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    There ya go! It definitely appeared that something was wrong with those original bullets and it sounds like you may have diagnosed the issue correctly yourself. Good to see that the new ones are shooting.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • North ForkNorth Fork New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,

I wanted to let everyone in the Guns & Ammo forums that we do not accept this level of quality coming out of our factory. Beartracker has been excellent to work with and has done everything we have asked. Information was shared and ideas were exchanged. I am hopefull that Beartracker is happy with the level of support he has received. Luckily, Beartracker knows that accuracy is a system not just a function of the bullet. We believe if the handloader takes the time and does everything correctly, our bullets are just or more accurate than all other on the market. Every rifle is different and everyone's ability to load accurate ammunition is different, thus results can vary. But this was not the case with Beartracker. I can offer many excuses, but none that our customers should worry about. As we have become more known, we had growing pains due to hiring/firing/etc. But this level of accuracy is not taken lightly by us and we have reviewed all of our processes, quality checks, and have made improvements where issues have been discovered.

Our bullets are more expensive than most (cheaper than the original TBBC and that was in 1990 dollars), but the performace is unmatched. We believe in service and making the best product we possibly can without taking any short cuts either in manufacturing or materials.

Let it be known we take hunting and shooting very seriously otherwise we would not be in the business. Everyhting we source is made in the USA and we make everything here in the USA. If you have not tried our bullets, give us a shot on your next big hunt.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    John

Vice-President
    North Fork Technologies
    John -

I missed this earlier, but I have to comment: it is excellent to see a company stop in its tracks and correect and issue based on a single customer's problem. THAT is how you kee people loyal and also how you continue to improve the processes and products you produce. Looking at what happened earlier and your response, it really did seem like an isolated issue and I'm lad that you guys worked together with the customer to figur it out.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Now you've got me wanting to try more bullets in my .223 Stevens. I think those bullets also came from Midway. Maybe they are seconds and that is the reason for MY 3 inch groups too. Thanks and I'm going to load me up some of those Sierra 60 Gr. I told you I bought (I got them at a LGS) and see if they will make a difference. The only thing is that they did shoot fairly well in my 22-250, but that's a different rifle altogether.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • rapier5316rapier5316 Member Posts: 312 Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    John -

I missed this earlier, but I have to comment: it is excellent to see a company stop in its tracks and correect and issue based on a single customer's problem. THAT is how you kee people loyal and also how you continue to improve the processes and products you produce. Looking at what happened earlier and your response, it really did seem like an isolated issue and I'm lad that you guys worked together with the customer to figur it out.

Hey Six, Does anything in the NF lineup look promising for addition to your African exploits?
    "The power of the United States has peaked, oppression follows." Robert Prector, Socionomics.net
    Absolutely! I would definitely take the kind of accuracy beartracker got with the new bullets North Fork sent him in a 180gr. .308 or larger.
  • North ForkNorth Fork New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Absolutely! I would definitely take the kind of accuracy beartracker got with the new bullets North Fork sent him in a 180gr. .308 or larger.

Hi Six-Gun,

We have all the bullets you will need and any caliber you want especially the big stuff. African hunting is our specialty. We even have some .308-220gr Flat point solids for our African hunters.

I always tell possible customers to due their research and try and find a bad word or a failed bullet that we have made on the web. With PH trusting their lives and that of the clients with our products, I think we can give you the utmost in confidence that our bullets will perform.

Check out our website: www.northforkbullets.com or give us a call to discuss (541) 929-4016. We can even make custom calibers and weights if your heart so desires.

Regards,
    John

Vice-President
    North Fork Technologies
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    John, Im curious if North Fork has any bullet selection in .311 or .312 diameter? And if so, what grains are they offered in?
    Thank you very much, John. I already see that you take great care of your customers and know that I am well aware of the reputation your bullets have earned in various hunting circles. With those two factors going for you, I'm going to have to place an order sooner rather than later. I'm looking at a possible Alaska bear hunt for fall 2012.