My new ride!

shawn1172shawn1172 Senior MemberPosts: 588 Senior Member
My AR build had to be put on hold because I just couldn't wait any longer for a new Harley. It's my third Harley (4th bike) but the first new one.
2011 Fat Boy Lo in vivid black!

I intended to wait on the new one until I sold my Sportster but it had been advertised for a couple months with no luck. I was test riding bikes to decide which one I'd eventually get and ended up caving to the sales the pressure. The Sporty finally sold two months later so I was able to get back on my AR build - pics of that to follow in the firearms section!

Anyway, I love it! Ride it almost every day. Now I wish I lived further away from work so I could put more miles on! Before I even took it home I had the pipes changed to a Python exhaust, switched the air cleaner for a Heavy Breather intake, added a Power Commander V performance computer, changed the floor boards for pegs with matching grips and added a detachable sissy bar and saddle bags.

Replies

• shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    Hmm, pics are tiny. Don't know why but I'll try to repost....

So much for that. Any pointers on making pics bigger? I used to just copy and paste from my Facebook photo album but that isn't working now with the new forum.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,379 Senior Member
    Very nice! Someday I want to get a motorcycle.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Those are thumbnails. We click them and they get bigger.

Keep the rubber side down, nice looking ride for a Harley!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    Ohhh, you slut!!!! Gorgeous! Are those Harley Davidson saddlebags? Been away from the brand so long, I don't recognize 'em. Seriously cool. Ride safe, bro.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    Keep the rubber side down, nice looking ride for a Harley!

Oh no you didn't! You didn't really say that! Thou hast blasphemed!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,459 Senior Member
    Tsk tsk..... An AR can save you from zombies, what can a motorsickle do in the coming apocolypse??? :tooth:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    It can speed me away from the brain eating hordes.... and the fat front tire is good for running them down. Doesn't matter anyway tho since the AR is done. When I can get my junk camera working I'll take pics of it for a post in the firearms forum.
  • samfissuresamfissure Member Posts: 60 Member
    Very nice! When I picked up my Heritage I was also was looking at a Fatboy- love those! I ride to work most days from April-early November provided there's no salt on the road-makes going to work a heck of a lot easier to take. Ride safe!
    Who is John Galt?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,668 Senior Member
    Nice looking ride
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,900 Senior Member
    :beer:
    " I doooon't want a pickle, I just want to ride my moooooter cycle"
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Sweet scoot! Have fun and stay safe.

Sissy bar??? Oh, really???:roll2: My Sporty has never had a sissy bar. Just a brass skull holding the seat on. I told the women that have ridden with me that I don't want them leaning back, I want them leaning on me. That's part of the fun.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BillyDBillyD Member Posts: 191 Member
    Nice ride. I want a bike so bad. I am jealous. You suck.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,057 Senior Member
    Nice ride...good luck and happy trails.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Not my cup of tea. But it is a fine looking bike. I don't see a radiator. I thought they had to go water cooled to meet emissions.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    I don't think the epa has made that happen yet, though there is plenty of talk of it happening soon. How stupid is it to crack down on the vehicle on the road that gets 50mpg.....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,057 Senior Member
    Whatever the EPA CAN screw up...it WILL screw up!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I don't think the epa has made that happen yet, though there is plenty of talk of it happening soon. How stupid is it to crack down on the vehicle on the road that gets 50mpg.....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine just bought a V-rod. I thought the EPA wouldn't extend their exemption anymore. Another classic gone due to the tree huggers.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    I've never been on a bike in my life, but I've wanted a Fatboy ever since that **** Austrian rode one in Terminator 2.
    The Vrod is the only water cooled that Harley makes.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G via Tapatalk
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    Nice looking ride Brother:beer:Be safe and have fun.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
    Radiator?! That's crazy talk. V-Rod is the only Harley with a radiator and that engine was designed for Harley by Porsche. I can't imagine why EPA would feel the need to force radiators onto bikes. Mine's rated for about 35 mpg city and 50 mpg highway- better than most hybrids.
    shawn1172 wrote: »
    Radiator?! That's crazy talk. V-Rod is the only Harley with a radiator and that engine was designed for Harley by Porsche. I can't imagine why EPA would feel the need to force radiators onto bikes. Mine's rated for about 35 mpg city and 50 mpg highway- better than most hybrids.

It's the heat, they need to run them hotter for better emissions, Air cooled can't cool the motor. It's not about mileage it's about engine emissions.