Traffic stop in Ohio, ugly abuse of CCW holder

2»

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    So here's a question that I'm not sure justifies its own thread or not (if it does please let me know and I will do so).

In the film the LEO says at one point that he should've pulled his "Glock .40" and pumped 10 shots into the guy and let him drop. Had the LEO indeed pulled a gun, and the driver had by some miracle or otherwise been able to react and exchange fire, would such a "shooting" be defensible in court? I can only assume, with the video evidence and such, that it might be. Around here I would definitely think so, especially since TX does not have a "must inform" law.

Opinions from the board? Again, not sure this merits its own thread since A) It relates to a "what-if" from the video and B) I don't want to create a thread that could be wrongly perceived as us talking about "Cop killing" v. justifiable self defense.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    BP... You being of higher caliber and much more intelligent than "That Officer" I would be proud to be stopped by you.....for a traffic violation.
    You're safe. I'm not a cop and therefore don't do traffic stops. So, what caliber are we talking? .45? .40? 9mm? Better not be talking .380 or we are assuredly NOT friends anymore. Hahahahahaha.......
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It is funny how in Anti-gun New York City, the Cops treated CCW holders really well, if you had a license you were good to go.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    So here's a question that I'm not sure justifies its own thread or not (if it does please let me know and I will do so).

In the film the LEO says at one point that he should've pulled his "Glock .40" and pumped 10 shots into the guy and let him drop. Had the LEO indeed pulled a gun, and the driver had by some miracle or otherwise been able to react and exchange fire, would such a "shooting" be defensible in court? I can only assume, with the video evidence and such, that it might be. Around here I would definitely think so, especially since TX does not have a "must inform" law.

Opinions from the board? Again, not sure this merits its own thread since A) It relates to a "what-if" from the video and B) I don't want to create a thread that could be wrongly perceived as us talking about "Cop killing" v. justifiable self defense.

A few years back we had a road raging undercover cop point his gun at a permit holder (without identifying himself as a cop) and scream essentially the same thing (I'm gonna ****ing kill you). The permit holder shot the cop and called 911. End result: nothing happened to the cop and the permit holder lost his permit and got charged with firing a gun inside the city limits. A pretty raw deal, but he fired his good attorney and hired a cheap one.
  • Zapp BraniganZapp Branigan Member Posts: 108 Member
    Eeeesh.
    Most of the time these "police brutality" videos are banana oil and I side with the officer, but this man is clearly out of control, is acting in a nutty manner.
2»