Zombie Bullets In High Demand Following Flesh-Eating Attacks

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/07/zombie-bullets-in-high-demand-following-flesh-eating-attacks/

Talk about zombies and a possible zombie apocalypse has increased due to recent gory accounts of drug-induced, flesh-eating attacks in the news.

Stores across the U.S., including in Metro Detroit, are getting in on the undead action by selling Zombie Bullets, made by Hornady Manufacturing.

In promoting the product on their website, Hornady suggests, “Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max ammunition from Hornady! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max bullets… MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!”
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,003 Senior Member
    I like the ammo, it is at least cheaper than critical defense and good for shooting water jugs.

I like heavier bullets.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    The media will peddle anything that sells advertising space and worst, folks will play into their hands like children.

I suppose that going around looking like a zombie as a prank or whatever is a very bad idea as too many folks will let drama control their lives and JIC, this comment is pure sarcasm.

Attacks as in plural?

That means more than one, only heard of the one in Miami, where is this wave of human flesh eating going on?

Then I go about accusing folks of stuff, my bad!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,253 Senior Member
    Overkill is underrated.

As I mentioned on the other topic, same guys that write so responsibly and accurately about guns.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    So... how do you think they're not responsible in the reporting?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,475 Senior Member
    NN, it's peculiar to me that they're cheaper than critical defense where you are; here, they're the same price, I assume because they're the exact same load/bullet.

My only problem with them is exactly as you pointed out: they're light for caliber, typically 185gr. I use them because they function flawlessly, but I'm currently looking for an equal-performing 230gr alternative.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,669 Senior Member
    We have had them for sometime out here. I just walk by and shake my head.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    So... how do you think they're not responsible in the reporting?

Are they ever?

Sure there are responsible folks in the media, about 7 of them worldwide and they don't write about stuff like that, the rest is about selling ad space and inflated egos!
    Then what is wrong/incorrect in these incidents?
    Overkill is underrated.
    You don't give up, in my book that is a very good quality, no clue on what is wrong with those particular articles or how accurate they are but due to direct contact with the media, seen firsthand how incredibly easy politicians manipulate what they claim to be "the news".

I am well aware on how they operate and accuracy is way down on their guidelist so I do not trust in principle most of what they say, more so when all of the sudden there is a news item that sells a lot of ad space, "man eats human face" and all of the sudden there is a flood of news items in the same vein. Ever heard the phrase "join the bandwagon"?
    I'm trying to figure out what you're point is, actually...

"Join the bandwagon?" Are you implying that they're suddenly reporting on these stories because they've got a sensational one? Have they been suppressing these other stories, delaying the printing, or making them up? You don't seem to think that all these stories are being published because they... happen to be happening at the same time?
    Overkill is underrated.
    I'm trying to figure out what you're point is, actually...

"Join the bandwagon?" Are you implying that they're suddenly reporting on these stories because they've got a sensational one? Have they been suppressing these other stories, delaying the printing, or making them up? You don't seem to think that all these stories are being published because they... happen to be happening at the same time?

One thing you cannot allow to enter your mind regarding the media is the word "coincidence" you can't believe that stuff like this does not happen occasionally, okay, eating someone's face is perhaps a rare news item and one that will get "read" a lot so once something like this is printed THEY WILL search high and low for anything in that venue they did not pay attention to before to keep the public's "feeding frenzy" going so to sell more advertising, maybe that explains the "bandwagon" part.

The media is a business where lots of $$$ is involved that gives a small group of people a platform to have a voice and this gets addictive to those that fill those slots, even in what is regarded as very serious media institutions some will simply make up stuff to feed that addiction and in the process further their position and paycheck and be sure for every one that gets caught every decade or so they are lots doing so every day getting away with it in a small or big fashion, include in the equation that they are folks like everyone else with all of our flaws, not some magical saints that descend from the heavens to "inform" the public.
    Okay, fine, whatever. You choose to disbelieve the reports, that's your prerogative. Guess you disbelieve the police reports that go with them.

By the way, your response just beg the questions: how do you get your news, and how do you know if it's factual?
    Overkill is underrated.
    how do you get your news, and how do you know if it's factual?

I don't know, there is no way of knowing, this does not mean that automatically EVERYTHING IS FICTION but I don't put a lot of weight on what is reported as there is no way to know the facts unless one is directly involved, more so now when the internet will offer a version that fits all agendas, you just pick the one that appeals to you and in some fashion this happens with most media.

You can get a sense of what is happening around you by what you see and hear from actual folks but once it hits the media it will be to some degree warped, if you need to believe "the printed page" as some sort of security blanket to think you are informed and aware, go ahead and join the flock, I don't need that "blanket", I rather put my energies on more immediate stuff i can actually do something about it, not something I am led to believe I do.

I don't understand why this is so hard for you to grasp, is it just that you need to 'win", to have "the last word"? Plenty of times we complain here on how inaccurate the media is when they talk about guns as we know about them, I don't recall you coming to the defense of the media in those occasions as you keep doing regarding this, surely those that know about other stuff complain as well as how inaccurate the media reports about that.

Bream, if we are to blindly believe the "media" we will all be voting for Obama in November.
    No need for me to win, or have the last word. I'm honestly trying to figure out how you determine what is true and what isn't. Like I said, it's hard to fake a police report, and while the media sensationalizes things, I've not seen any evidence they're making this up. Further, the LE guys I know who might deal with this stuff take it as real. So maybe they've been duped.

I will say this much about the media: there's differences between sloppy reporting, bias, inaccuracy, and outright lies to fit an agenda. The first three are notable to those who are observant. The last may tingle the detectors, and usually gets reported. Remember Dan Rather and his reporting of George Bush's supposed dereliction of duty in the Air National Guard.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    The media will peddle anything that sells advertising space and worst, folks will play into their hands like children.

I suppose that going around looking like a zombie as a prank or whatever is a very bad idea as too many folks will let drama control their lives and JIC, this comment is pure sarcasm.

Attacks as in plural?

That means more than one, only heard of the one in Miami, where is this wave of human flesh eating going on?

Then I go about accusing folks of stuff, my bad!

If it bleeds, it leads in the media. They reported on these incidents because of all the "Zombie Craze" going on in the movies and on TV. Even a good bit about Zombies on this forum (Zombie guns) and when Hornady made some Zombie ammo...well.

Years ago the headline would be "Cannibalism"........now it's Zombie Attack. Like Shark attacks, once a few happen and after Jaws the media had/still has a field day about anything to do with Sharks.

It is what it is or isn't.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    No need for me to win, or have the last word. I'm honestly trying to figure out how you determine what is true and what isn't. Like I said, it's hard to fake a police report, and while the media sensationalizes things, I've not seen any evidence they're making this up. Further, the LE guys I know who might deal with this stuff take it as real. So maybe they've been duped.

I will say this much about the media: there's differences between sloppy reporting, bias, inaccuracy, and outright lies to fit an agenda. The first three are notable to those who are observant. The last may tingle the detectors, and usually gets reported. Remember Dan Rather and his reporting of George Bush's supposed dereliction of duty in the Air National Guard.

It is a big word and a lot of stuff happens all the time, not everything reported is a lie and not everything is accurate, so I take everything with a grain of salt, here in PR every year at hurricane season ALL THE MEDIA says that we are going to get hit, they elevate the fear so folks stay glued to their TV sets, buy newspapers and go to the stores and stock up on the goods advertised on the media, they "get it right" every couple of decades or so, again, human beings do the reporting not some flawless robots.

Surely since man walked the earth acts of cannibalism, etc. have occurred, what can be packaged, repackaged, as something that sells advertising space goes first, folks, again regular human beings with agendas in a very competitive industry actually sit down at a table and decide what goes where in the media, there is no godlike entity that makes sure responsible reporting goes on.

Very wise guy once told me that only thing newspapers are good for is wrapping fish.