Do you carry at work?

ApexxApexx MemberPosts: 111 Member
A question posed to those who

1. Are NOT self employed.
2. Are NOT required to carry a gun as normal course of buisiness. LEO, Military, Security, Rancher, etc..

I am currious to see how many rat racers doing the 8 to 5 in an office environment (or other) actually carry on the clock.

If so what is it you do for a living?

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    I'm a non-sworn state employee. I'm disallowed from carrying while on the clock.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    I work unarmed security, so that's a no...
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,009 Senior Member
    Well, since it violates state law and would cost me my Paramedic's Lic..... the answer is "no"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I've worked most of my career (now retired) for large/medium oil industry engineering firms. Place I worked a few years ago had a modest size office in a general 3-story building. There was a state welfare branch office down the hallway and on "Democrat" day (registration day for lots of bums), I'd put my Glock into my shoulder bag. Nobody of course ever knew that.

Another large oil service company (very famous firm) where I did consulting was a large complex of buildings, armed guards at the entrance, signs up saying that weapons were not allowed "on campus". I had my pistol in the car anyway, nobody ever knew that either.

That was typical for most places I've worked --- large complexes with their own gates and security. So my pistol stayed in the car.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    I have one handy, you never know.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Company Policy says no.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    Company does not have printed policy, but the home office is Chicago...
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    My present job is consumer, I carry whenever it it legal.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • REDDEVILREDDEVIL Member Posts: 153 Member
    Always, everywhere i go
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "That was typical for most places I've worked --- large complexes with their own gates and security. So my pistol stayed in the car."

I worked for a time in a high security facility, most personnel with a few exceptions, cleaning staff and a few others, clerical, accountants, however most others were required to be armed at all times....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,010 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    Company Policy says no.

What he said....

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,708 Senior Member
    I work at an elementary school so nope.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • glockman0422glockman0422 Member Posts: 216 Member
    I do maintenance for an apartment complex. I dont carry during normal business hours but i am required to be on call and sometimes i get calls in the middle of the night. So in these cases, i always carry my gun. I Also just graduated the police academy in may so i will need to start carrying a gun for work in the near future.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    I work on a Military property and personally owned weapons are not authorized inside the gate.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,722 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I have one handy, you never know.

ditto
  • cappy54cappy54 Member Posts: 269 Member
    Oh shucks that leaves me out :yousuck::yousuck:too many rules :bang::bang::bang:
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    ditto

Ditto felt necessary to post, but not in response to the question that was orignally posed?
    :uhm:
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    ditto

ditto ditto.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Is there some part of "concealed" that people just don't understand? Maybe they're the same ones who have trouble with "shall not be infringed". Maybe I'm packing- - - -maybe I'm not. Unless the defacation contacts the air handler, nobody needs to know.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Is there some part of "concealed" that people just don't understand? Maybe they're the same ones who have trouble with "shall not be infringed". Maybe I'm packing- - - -maybe I'm not. Unless the defacation contacts the air handler, nobody needs to know.
    Jerry

Wow...Really? If you have a problem with indicating you carry at work then why post in the first place?
    If anonymity is your goal why click the post reply button?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,722 Senior Member
    Apexx wrote: »
    Ditto felt necessary to post, but not in response to the question that was orignally posed?

Right. Some days I feel like baring my soul to the entire world, and some days I don't.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    My "work" is being retired, traveling several states doing automotive warranty inspections, building custom guns, or antique automobile engines. Sometimes I carry, sometimes I don't. Come visit me and try to do some harm. I'll be more than happy to show you which one I've got concealed that day, for about half a second.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    The only weapons allowed on Anniston Army Depot are to large to carry concealed. They have several gov type signs that tell you no guns. The gate guards can search your car at random but not your person with reason. In the five yrs I've been on the Depot there have been more than a few violations.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Apexx wrote: »

Pretty much.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.