Man kills someone trying to molest his 4-yr old, uses bare hands

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Update Tues June 19, grand jury declines to indict or charge the man, he's totally free and will have no criminal charges filed, ever. Great!

Sometimes a gun or other weapon might not be needed. A rancher in Shiner Tx found one of his ranch helpers allegedly trying to molest the rancher's 4-yr old daughter, defended his daughter and attacked the man with his bare hands, killing him.

The man was not arrested or charged by the sheriff but the case will be presented to the grand jury. It's not known whether the district attorney will ask the grand jury to charge the man

Just for your info, Tx law requires any intentional killing to go to a grand jury. The local district attorney may or may not choose to proffer charges when presenting the case. If you, for example, shoot an armed intruder and there are 200 eye witnesses that say you were being assaulted, etc etc, regardless of how justified you may be, all intentional killings (an accident where no crime was committed for example) must go to a grand jury. The gj may simply refuse to act on the case or may indict the person. The gj usually goes how the county attorney or prosecutor recommends but the gj may do what it wishes.

The man says that he found the ranch helper partly naked and that his daughter's underpants had been removed. Here's the story:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Sheriff-Dad-kills-daughter-s-alleged-attacker/-/1735978/14774032/-/ehe9t7/-/index.html

Most people are cheering the ranch owner, so am I. One person commented that it was good this occurred in Texas, and not California, where criminals have more rights than victims.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,676 Senior Member
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Okay. I skip right over titles that don't describe something about the contents. So I never clicked on "Justice" because it could have meant anything. I visit plenty of forums and don't just go down the list and click all topics. The title must tell me something and then I decide whether to click. I don't have time otherwise.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,676 Senior Member
    Justice pretty much nailed it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,332 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Okay. I skip right over titles that don't describe something about the contents. So I never clicked on "Justice" because it could have meant anything. I visit plenty of forums and don't just go down the list and click all topics. The title must tell me something and then I decide whether to click. I don't have time otherwise.

Well, gee. I guess we should be glad that you honor us with your presence, what with your busy life and whatnot...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,031 Senior Member
    I'm with you Sam, and if it is just a link, I probably will not check it out.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Well, gee. I guess we should be glad that you honor us with your presence, what with your busy life and whatnot...

bream, you nor anyone else here needs to do anything to my benefit. After being in many online forums over the years, I've got 2 basic rules to save time 1- I don't click on ambiguous thread titles that do not describe some of the content, and 2- I never click on a link that isn't described. And sometimes I don't click anyway.

I AM busy. This afternoon I wrote 2 book reviews, sent a report to a client, and wrote a new chapter to my novel. And that's just the computer stuff. I also did some book-based research on a talk I'm going to give to a James Joyce group Saturday ("Bloomsday", 16 June), finished a new novel I'm reviewing, and of course did some house cleaning, etc.

Way I see it, it's incumbent for the thread author to provide at least some description to its content. Simply "justice..." doesn't tell me anything -- could be a tennis match or Euro soccer game or catching a big fish or a new beer brewed (this was the Clubhouse section). So occasionally I do miss something, okay, my problem, nobody else's. And I'm not asking anyone to label threads if they don't want to. No harm, no foul.

I mean, you go into a bookstore, see a row of spines sitting there on the shelves, "Book 4" or "New Book"? Are you gonna stand there and take each book off the shelf and open it to learn if it's a western or mystery or history on Japan? You're in the gunstore and see "Gun" on the box, and there's a long row of boxes all labeled just "Gun". Are you gonna go down the line and open every box?

Same thing.

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    "New book"? No.

"Gun"? Yes, if they let me.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,332 Senior Member
    If I go to a bookstore I might pull out a book and see what it's about. Take Tom Clancy's books. "The Sum of All Fears" really doesn't tell much about what the story's about, does it? And "Red Rabbit" has no meaning unless one knows about CIA politics of the time. Or take Stephen Hunter's book "Point of Impact." The book title really tells little about the story, doesn't it? No, if one is interested, one can browse the book or read the jacket liner.

Well, this forum has a jacket liner feature, so to say. Hold your cursor over a thread title and the first sentence or so of the original post appears, allowing one to find out what the thread is about.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,649 Senior Member
    Well, this forum has a jacket liner feature, so to say. Hold your cursor over a thread title and the first sentence or so of the original post appears, allowing one to find out what the thread is about.

:that:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • cappy54cappy54 Member Posts: 269 Member
    Believe me as a DAD the is no force on heaven or earth that would've kept me from the same. My hat is off to you DAD, may God bless you and your baby.
    You're right about browsing the titles in a bookstore, bream. But the stores have just too many books to look through for me to walk the aisles. And remind me the next time Tom Clancy actually writes another book, by himself.

I learn most of what's being written from the net and from knowing authors whom I like, and from recommendations from those whom I trust. And naturally I'm always re-reading classics from James Joyce or Umberto Eco, among others.

Yes I know the first line feature on the forum, too. I simply don't worry about threads where the author hasn't taken the time to tell me enough about the subject. I'm not blaming the poster. That's his/her choice. And guess what, it's my choice to skip ahead, brother (per Monty Python & Holy Grail).

Matters not. I'm simply not gonna hover and click or browse every single thread in every single forum I visit. Hey, if I miss something, that's my prob.

Grand jury declined to indict or file charges today (Tues 6/19) so the man is totally free. Excellent.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Grand jury declined to indict or file charges today (Tues 6/19) so the man is totally free. Excellent.

That's great news, earlier in the day the prosecutor said it should be handed over to the grand jury and treated like a homicide. I wouldn't think any jury (in Texas and most places) would indict.

OK, here it is...:cool2::applause::applause::applause:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19/texas-beating-death-girl-alleged-molester-is-ruled-homicide/?test=latestnews
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,332 Senior Member
    Being "No Billed" by a Grand Jury is probably the best thing that could happen to him as it puts a definite end to this case...no matter how much the dead guys family try to make an issue of it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Being "No Billed" by a Grand Jury is probably the best thing that could happen to him as it puts a definite end to this case...no matter how much the dead guys family try to make an issue of it...

Dead guy's family is all in Mexico, where he shoulda been.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    :topic:
    Simply "justice..." doesn't tell me anything -- could be a tennis match or Euro soccer game or catching a big fish or a new beer brewed (this was the Clubhouse section).

Excuse the small nitpick samzhere.

What is this ‘Euro soccer’ that you speak of?
    We play Football, we play Rugby Football [two kinds, Union and League] and of course there is Cricket.
    We are playing the Cricket very well at the moment and the English Football team seem to be coming along nicely in the ‘Euro’ 2012 European Championship.
    The Rugby test in South Africa? Down two with one to play, no justice there.
    I have heard a rumour of another small time football game, American football, or something like that, I think it is called, but I know nothing of this.:devil:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

shush wrote: »

Ah, yes, cricket. Indians vs Pakis, right? I understand that there can be as many as 20-30 fans in attendance. ha ha :tissue:

Way I see it, regardless of the actual game played, "football" is a step back in evolution. Humans spent a few million years developing hands and arms, and then there's this game that forbids their use? Duh. And the players? They should teach pro wrestlers how to act injured. Two players bump shoulders and one of them is writhing in immense pain -- thirty seconds later he's up and running. :conehead:

Thing that most bores me about soccer is that when there's a tie, the defending team all stands in a row holding their groins. It makes zero sense. Imagine a baseball game where, if tied at the end of 9 innings, they hold a home run hitting contest. Or, an American football game tied, they hold a field goal contest. What makes sense is if the score's tied at the end of regulation, the teams just keep playing till someone scores.

Now rugby is a tough game.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    And the players? They should teach pro wrestlers how to act injured. Two players bump shoulders and one of them is writhing in immense pain -- thirty seconds later he's up and running.

Pay more, better acting.

Baseball? Is that not like Rounders
    http://www.roundersengland.co.uk/rounders/

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,470 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

Takes three No Bills to permanently finish a case. But the first one is the important one.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    :topic:

Excuse the small nitpick samzhere.

We play Football, we play Rugby Football [two kinds, Union and League] and of course there is Cricket.
    We are playing the Cricket very well at the moment and the English Football team seem to be coming along nicely in the ‘Euro’ 2012 European Championship.
    The Rugby test in South Africa? Down two with one to play, no justice there.
    I have heard a rumour of another small time football game, American football, or something like that, I think it is called, but I know nothing of this.:devil:
    I think Sam is referring to the female played game, designed by bored house wives to pass the time..... :rotflmao:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dead guy's family is all in Mexico, where he shoulda been.

Our Gooberment is so screwed up, they probably will give his family a visa so they can come up and sue the father for a "Wrongful Death" in civil court.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    cappy54 wrote: »
    Believe me as a DAD the is no force on heaven or earth that would've kept me from the same. My hat is off to you DAD, may God bless you and your baby.

+1!!!! (except I would probably have shot him)

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Jeeper wrote: »
    +1!!!! (except I would probably have shot him)

Luis

Well, yeah, but that would mean the guy leaving the perv still molesting the daughter, running to the house, getting the gun, returning... which may have got him indicted on manslaughter.

Way it was told by witnesses, one of the ranchhands found the perv in the barn w. the daughter, called for the father, who arrived a couple seconds after, at which time the perv had his own pants down and the 4yr old daughter's panties down.

Instantly of course the father leaped to the perv and began to beat him until he fell down. And died. Sob Sob. Witnesses testified that the father didn't use excess force but only hit the guy a few times to get him away from the girl. Of course, if I'd been home watching TV I'd have also testified to the same...

I've not read a physical description of the father, but he's a middle age guy, a rancher all his life, and I guess he's pretty strong. Especially if riled up. Such a tragedy!

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,470 Senior Member
    I read somewhere the daughter had evidence of damage to her genitalia. Which aggravates the crime and if so, probably figured in to some extent to a No bill.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06