An armed citizen saves a woman from a brutal attack

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 10,164 Senior Member
Not too many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,347 Senior Member
    I like the editor's comments. Too many newspaper people are liberal kool-aid drinkers.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    This gives us all something to think about.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    To approach within 15 ft is pretty close to the action, gutsy move. Hate to second guess since I personally was not present to the assault,
    do any of the LE guys have any suggestions for a safe way to intervene in similar circumstance? After you call 911 naturally. To defend that woman's life from further harm I believe he would have been lawfully correct in engaging the perpetrator . Also, he came upon the assault in his vehicle; would you keep on the horn to draw further attention to the victim and run off the attacker before getting to close? Glad the criminal was captured to re-enter the revolving door penal system.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    There's not time to make decisions based on logic and what would be the best armchair second guessing. He did engage the perp, just not with deadly force. I think he acted properly and did what was necessary at his personal knowledge of the incident. He didn't know the perp was armed and his actions directly caused the perp to stop what he was doing, which is the law enforcement standard of action.

He acted properly. No shots fired, action stopped, and the perp later taken into custody.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06