A sad day indeed.

ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 BannedPosts: 2,645 Senior Member
For the past few months my uncle has been battleing pancreatic cancer just as his younger brother (my other uncle,) succumed to in 1994. I was just a kid at the time, 10 or 11, but I have memories deeply imbedded of seeing my uncle whom was so kind to me, in hospice on his death bed. The only other things I remember was his funeral. I went to see my other uncle just yesterday, again in hospice as I remembered it as a child. He was transferred there with internal bleeding as the cancer somehow caused an arterial hemorage and he was told he had at most, 5 days to live. When I got there, he was so medicated that he could only briefly open his eyes to acknowledge who was in the room and hardly anything more. Anyhow... he passed away today at about 12:30pm which although was expected, is very hard to come to terms with. I know death is a natural process that we will all go through at some time, but it was hard to see him laying there, wanting to live with no control of what his body will allow of him. I know that this life is just temporary as well, but it pains me to see so many others in pain and sorrow that follows death. I don't mean to sound negative, but it is sad to think that once we die, we are nothing more than just a memory and a few pictures. Sorry, just need to vent.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,184 Senior Member
    We'll be keeping you and yours in our prayers...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,408 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss, prayers said for you and your family.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    prayers sent.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,728 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and yours.

I like to think that we become more than just a memory. Through our friends, siblings and children we live on. They will remember the good things we have done and maybe the bad also, but hopefully there is more good and we will leave behind happy memories. It seems as though your Uncle made a lasting impression on you, remember the good times and his spirit may just know you smile when you think of him.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    Just Prayed:angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,950 Senior Member
    Condolences to you and your family
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    The only lasting influence a person can have on this side of eternity is the impact his life has on those around him. It sounds like your uncle was successful along that line. There's got to be something better on the other side!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,185 Senior Member
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,076 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that my friend!!! Prayers sent!!
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. And Wambli, I think that maybe you took what I said wrong. I am Christian and believe in the afterlife. I meant that it is sad that those who survive the deceased, are left with nothing but memories and pictures until it's our time.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,761 Senior Member
    Condolences to you and yours.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    :angel2:Condolences to you and your family.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 405 Member
    :angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,126 Senior Member
    My sincerest condolences. My grandmother has advanced arterial valve stenosis and we know that we are looking at her last year on this Earth. Death is never easy and even when expected, comes at a higher toll on our hearts than we could prepare for. Again, my deepest condolences, sir.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers