Home Main Category Hunting

My New Bow

2»

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Send her a dozen roses, and 'fess up. You need to be practicing now, without having to look over your shoulder every 10 seconds. She will probably still scold you pretty good, but her heart won't be in it, and you'll have what you want. It's what I do if long-term concealment is not practical, and I know I have been completely selfish. :tooth:

Of course, in your case, she may already be tired of this ploy. :jester:
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Ok. Lets break this down.

So Im thinking that yes indeed, he did put not-so-fresh skivies on his haid. Thats taking one for the team. :up:
    Godspeed young archer, Godspeed.

I am so contemplating texting you the other pic I took. :D
    Ask, and ye shall receive.
    I didn't realize there was a bulge.

I hope we can still be friends.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,615 Senior Member
    You asked for it.

NO DUDE! I don't think that's why he typed ahem!
    Getting this train wreck back on track...

I just feel that my right hand is too far back. Its almost floating behind my my jaw bone.

2012-07-01_14-02-04_250.jpg

2012-07-01_14-01-50_291.jpg
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    CPJ, I'm waiting for the IM with that picture. :silly:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    If I move my right hand up to anchor it to my jaw, the peep is halfway above the front sight.

I'm going to go back to the bow shop tomorrow and see if he thinks the peep should be lowered just an RCH.

What do you guys think?
    Nope.
    I aint putting that on my PC.

Please, I'm begging you. You caught me in a weak moment and I'm horribly ashamed.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Nope.
    I aint putting that on my PC.

:rotflmao:

Buffy, if the peep sight isn't where it lines up with the pins at full draw and your anchor point where you want it, have the sight moved to where it works for you. Make the sight be where it needs to be, not where you have to adjust your anchor point to line up; you'll never shoot accurately like that.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,382 Senior Member
    Looks to me like your draw is about 1 to 1.5 inches too long. You've got the base of your index finger behind your ear - I lock that knuckle in right in front of the ear on the underside of the cheekbone.

Just a little safety tip - you don't really want to be drawing a release setup without an arrow on the string. Dry firing is way bad ju-ju for bows - much easier to do accidentally with a release than with the old 3-finger approach.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    I'm starting to agree. He put me at 29 inches, I'm gonna go see him tomorrow and shorten it to 28.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    It looks fine, to me, also. That's pretty much where I anchor, with my 1st knuckle under my ear, and my thumb laying along my jaw. Looks like there's a nice bend in your left arm. Maybe tighten up your release, or shorten it. Most releases can be shortened. Or, see if there are draw stops or small adjustments on the cams.

Tennmike is spot on. If your anchor points feel good, and your peep is in front of your eye when you open it, you're set. Then, move the whole sight to where it lines up perfectly with the peep. Then, begin adjusting your pins. You want to have the top pin pretty much centered in the sight, and work down from there.
    BTW, I wish I wouldn't have asked. I knew it, but asked anyway. No going back now.
    Buffco wrote: »
    I'm starting to agree. He put me at 29 inches, I'm gonna go see him tomorrow and shorten it to 28.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I'd shoot it some first. I like to have it where my shoulder is locked back, much less fatigue.
    Don't over do it at first. The muscles used to shoot a bow are muscles that you've never used in your life. It's very easy to over do it, and be really, really sore, even injured. When you start getting shaky, put it down. Take a break for an hour or so.

When I'm getting back into bow shape, I leave it near the door, or outside if I'm out in the yard. Whenever I walk by, I pick it up and shoot 5-8 shots, quit. It takes a while to get to where you can shoot 50 shots in one sitting.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    I agree, shoot it first, and see how goofy it is. Looks close enough to be right....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    :tooth:I thought this was a gun forum....
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,693 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    I'd shoot it some first. I like to have it where my shoulder is locked back, much less fatigue.
    Don't over do it at first. The muscles used to shoot a bow are muscles that you've never used in your life. It's very easy to over do it, and be really, really sore, even injured. When you start getting shaky, put it down. Take a break for an hour or so.

When I'm getting back into bow shape, I leave it near the door, or outside if I'm out in the yard. Whenever I walk by, I pick it up and shoot 5-8 shots, quit. It takes a while to get to where you can shoot 50 shots in one sitting.

I don't shoot often anymore and a 30 target 3D course wears me out.

If I loosed an arrow in my yard, the SWAT team would be here post haste...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Your grip's too low for my tastes, I prefer a HIGH grip that keeps my wrist straighter

Are you talking about the bow or the pic that Buff is sending around??? :buff2:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I worked at Bass Pro Shop when I was 18 or so setting up bows. IIRC, we used to set the peep sight 7 inches above the arrow nock rest (sp???) Either way, its been quite some time, but it was fun. Btw, dental floss was the go to stuff for permanently placing peep sights. Also to add.... string silencers are your friend.
    The grip is perfect. Feels good, points well.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    You can get a wrist loop at wall art cheap. In fact, send me a text tomorrow, there might be another one out in the garage you can have. I'm not worried about dropping my bow when I shoot, but when sitting in the stand, I like one little extra line of defense....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Just to prove it's really me, with my beautiful face protected from photoshopping:

2012-06-30_19-59-03_245.jpg

Are those the same Undies as before? If so it looks like you wore em so long they turned black.....
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Shoot it yet? Casualties?? Property damage???