I'm not afraid of much...

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,310 Senior Member
...but this guy scares the hell out of me. He will not back down when I'm in the pen.

Any tips to keep me from killing him for another month?

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,277 Senior Member
    Holy Moses that is one ugly bird. Sorry I have no tips for you, besides a good twist.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,295 Senior Member
    That's a tough one...a gobbler with an attitude can be pretty intimidating...used to keep a broomstick outside the pen and arm myself with it whenever I had to go inside. Just wind up and whack the hell out of him...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,051 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    That's a tough one...a gobbler with an attitude can be pretty intimidating...used to keep a broomstick outside the pen and arm myself with it whenever I had to go inside. Just wind up and whack the hell out of him...
    Broomstick, 2x4, baseball bat, 2 Iron
    I bolded what I feel was the most important part of brother Jayhawker's post "imoit:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    A sharp sling blade and tee off on him ... FORE!!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Remind him who is boss or eat him, either way the problem is solved.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,497 Senior Member
    A tasty problem, with an equally tasty solution, slow oven roast and eat him, problem solved......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,310 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    A tasty problem, with an equally tasty solution, slow oven roast and eat him, problem solved......

Yeah, but he's not up to the weight I want, yet. The broom worked great this AM.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Here I am wondering how in the world you got a red pepper to sprout in winter and rot...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Use a spritz bottle like Windex comes in, and give him a good squirt of ammonia water when he gets too close. The squirt bottles that have a "stream" setting work best. They have a range of 6 feet or more. That approach works on dogs that like to bark and threaten, also.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    I don't see the picture but a broom, cane or stick usually keeps them back away from you. If he still charges..... whack him with it.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,825 Senior Member
    You have to stand your ground. If you run away from him even just once he owns you. At this stage of the game, broom is not a bad idea.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton