Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Puerto Rico could become a very friendly place for us folks!

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,581 Senior Member
Senate with some changes approved the new gun law I mentioned here some months ago, thing is that there was not enough time left for the representatives and the governor to add their OKAY to it so we are VEHEMENTLY asking for an extraordinary assembly to settle this, hopefully in our favor!

Presently just a gun possession permit which allows you a maximum of 2 guns and a plethora of other ridiculous restrictions like 2 boxes of ammo per year you use or return, no hoarding at all, runs around $200+ and this includes the police interviewing your neighbors and coworkers, add target practice to your permit, another $60, this is a must so you can buy and keep as much ammo and guns as you desire and visit a range more than twice a year, for CCW it is around an extra GRAND plus it has to be approved by a judge which includes a court session and mountain of paperwork and red tape, then more $$$ and red tape if you wish to reload, no way at all for full auto or suppressors!

New law proposed for citizens without a serious offense record a BUNDLED ALL gun permit including all above, yes, full auto and suppressors too for just $20 and some basic paperwork, this permit you got the same day at the DMV, no gun registration, no police involvement in the way, one easy to acquire gun permit that includes possession, target practice, CCW, reloading, full auto and suppressors.

This was approved with obviously some changes by the senate, NO to suppressors but YES to full auto, way I understand it no class 3 permit required, just the bundled permit and $$$! The PR Police will still keep the gun registry and licensing and it will be $50 instead of the $20 hoped for getting the desired "BUNDLED" gun permit!!!!

Sorry, but due to space I can only fit 2 of you guys home at once...
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I wonder if they will issue a non resident permit, or have reciprocity with permits issued in other States ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I wonder if they will issue a non resident permit, or have reciprocity with permits issued in other States ?

DoctorWho, this will be an interesting event to follow^^^^ I would be curious to know about that
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Sounds like some pretty good news ya got there bruchi....
    Sorry, but due to space I can only fit 2 of you guys home at once...

Ya got any front or backyard space for a tent?::spittingcoffee:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,760 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    ...was approved with obviously some changes by the senate, NO to suppressors but YES to full auto, .

Not that I wouldn't take it, and gladly, but I see that the mainland does not have a monopoly on idiot legislators. That's like not allowing volume controls on stereos, and manufacturing them set at "ELEVEN".
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Seems will not happen this year, they announced an extraordinary session but that law is not included on the ones that are going to be considered, still hoping for a "Hail Mary" here and we are keeping the pressure on!!!

Too bad, got to renew my permits in November and if it got approved on top of all the good it includes it would had saved me a couple hundred dollars just there.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".