Civilization, Freedom - Our Perceptions

2»

Replies

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    I am 55yrs old and I have watched this great USA country of ours slide into an political abyess of kaos, deceit, lies, false representation, scandal, back stabbing, and personal political gain, off the shoulders and blood, sweat and tears,of the American tax payer,and our military personal,just to mention a few and that barely scratches the surface, of all that is contrary, to what our Founding Fathers wanted this Republic and Country to be... This AIN'T THE COUNTRY IT USED TO BE!!!!!

IT SURE IS NOT, but then the entire world is not as well and as result of this some things become more evident and positions and perceptions shift, I believe that as a race we will be always evolving and what was "passable" or not back in the day might be seen in a different light today or tomorrow, for instance back in the "Macbeth" era, Robert Kennedy was a "happily" married man, to a woman all adored with beautiful children as well and the entire nation pretty much found the rumors of he having an affair with beautiful, glamorous Marilyn a source of pride, Clinton, while married to a fill the blank got the other side of the coin.

I think there has been some of all of that negative stuff since cave times, some of it quite worst too, back then perhaps pedophiles became high priests and demanded virgins to be "sacrificed" to the gods, dead rape victims don't tell tales...We also have now a much hungrier media that only cares about the bottom line, sell ad space at any cost and politicians as well are crossing all sorts of lines themselves in order to get seated and prevail.

As Huxley put it: "A Brave New World".
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    As Huxley put it: "A Brave New World".

I used to hate to read Huxley in my earlier college day... Its love hate... Ever read " Point counter Point" "Crum Yellow" "Doors of perception" now thats a pis*er.. I think half the time Huxley was writing that he was on LSD.:rotflmao:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    I used to hate to read Huxley in my earlier college day... Its love hate... Ever read " Point counter Point" "Crum Yellow" "Doors of perception" now thats a pis*er.. I think half the time Huxley was writing that he was on LSD.:rotflmao:

if you mean that his stuff is a very romantic view on humanity and how stuff works I agree 100%, still lot to muster about there.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".