Home Main Category General Firearms

Vltor AR-15 Modstocks $49!

calebibcalebib Senior MemberPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
Bravo Company USA has Vltor Modstocks on sale for $49. I just ordered a Clubfoot for my in the works AR-15 project.

Vltor%20ACB-2C%20TAN%20CLUB-2.jpg

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Parts-s/88.htm

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Aside from the stock itself and the tools involved, is there anything else I need to swap out the A2 style stock on my DPMS, or is the kit complete?

Edited to add: I see that this stock is milspec...is the reciever extension on my gun also milspec, and how do I found out?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,907 Senior Member
    The outer diameter measurment is 1.148 on the mil-spec. and 1.168 on the commercial. The threads are rolled into the mil-spec, they are cut on the commercial. Also, most commercial tubes have a slant on the rear of the tube as opposed to a 90 deg.

I believe DPMS uses both, depending on model.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    Dumb question to follow: What makes the stock so great? I may order one to replace my MagPul MOE, but what makes it so great?
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Dumb question to follow: What makes the stock so great? I may order one to replace my MagPul MOE, but what makes it so great?

I've heard good things about them but, more so, I think they just look cool. I like that it's a different profile than you average AR stock.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,907 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday and I discovered that I have a civilian sized buffer tube on mine :angry: :cuss:
    Not to worry though, a mil-spec tube is already en route

Not that I have personally ever seen a buffer tube thread failure, but the mil-spec. tubes threaded portion is stronger because of the rolled vs. cut threads.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Are they 'tactical'? :jester: