Home Main Category Hunting

The Cartridges of My Collection

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,429 Senior Member
SDC10027.jpg

OK here's what I have starting on my left with a 20mm German WWII Cannon round I got at an airshow a few years bac.
Next is a .300 Weatherby,

This next cartridge is a dummy 405 Winchester round that the NRA gave me, and like the 20mm, I don't actually have a rifle for it, although i wish i did.

Then, the 30-06, of which I own 6 rifles, two sporters and four mil surps.

And next, my other Magnum, 7mm Remington.

Next is a .280. Remington, of which I still have. It's one of my favorites that I put up there with my .270 Win. as a go to rifle.

And then, the .270 Win., my favorite of all.

Next is one of my newest, the 8x57 Mauser. That rifle is now blooded with a hog. Great rifle.

Next, a very special one to me, the .257 Roberts Ackley Improved. Love that sexy sharp shoulder.

Next to it is a plain jane Bob that I haven't fire formed yet.

Although I don't currently have one, I added the .308 because of past experience. I had a Ruger 77 Varmint that I truly loved that I lost in my divorce. I still prefer the 30-06 for its versatility, but there's no taking anything away from the .308, another great rifle.

Next is the famous and sweet 30-30 Win. I love mine and as you can see in the pic, I have recently bought some Flextip Spitzer bullets for it. It was blooded a long while back, but I'm planning on trying the 160 grain flex tips out on Porky soon.

Next in line, my current favorite, the .250 Savage. It has really surprised me and seems to be a fantastic killer for its size and very little recoil.

Then next to the .250 is its off spring, the 22-250 Remington. I say offspring because the .22-250 utilized the .250 Savage's case, Hence its name, 22-

Next to the 22-250 is its little brother, the .223 Remington or better known as the 5.56x45 Nato. It's so sweet to shoot.

Then the hand guns in my life, first of all, the .357 Magnum-38 Special (I put both here), the 45 ACP, the 9x19, and the 7.65mm or better known here as the 32 ACP. Last but not least is a .22 LR.
Well, that's my offering to the gun gods. Anybody got a little cartridge collection? It doesn't have to include only cartridges you have firearms for. Put em on here. Let's see what you got.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Maybe this is a better picture:

SDC10022.jpg

The cartridges in the back ground are some 30-30s I recently loaded with Hornady Flex Tips.

I apologize for my substandard pictures. I still haven't bought a better camera.

Here's a simplified run down on the order: 20MM, .300 WBY., 405 Win., 7mm Rem. Mag., 30-06, 280 Rem., .270 Win., 8mm Mauser, .257 AI, .257 Bob, .308 Win., 30-30 Win., .250 Sav., 22-250 Rem., .223 Rem., .357 Mag., 38 Spec., .45 ACP. 9mmx19mm, 32 ACP, and 22 LR.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    That's a nice selection of ammo. You need something to fire that 20mm roundwith. You could go hunt some T Rex or alligator gar.

Excuse my ignorance, but why is the 30-06 round silver colored? Steel case or plated for some reason?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    The silver round is the 405 Winchester dummy round the NRA sent life members about 3-5 years back I think. It's really a solid casting but it looks cool. It has Teddy Roosevelt's signature cast into it. I have it on my key ring. The 30-06 is to its right but the 7 mag is between them. The 300 WBY. is on its left toward the 20mm.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    That is a cool key fob!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Yeah it is. I had two but gave one to my youngest son. He's like me, a full tilt bozo gunaholic.
    BTW Craig, I do have a few Combined Technologies Winchester Ballistic Silvertips in 30-06 left from a box and they utilize nickle plated (Silver colored) brass. But none in these pics.
    I just pulled my head out of a dark spot and realized which forum I'm in. I think this would be better in General Firearms instead of hunting.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    :cool2::cool2::cool2::win::up::drool2: Nice collection ya got there Snake284, really nice!!!!!

That 20mm now its for Teax deer right? :rotflmao::spittingcoffee:
    "It is what it is":usa:
    :cool2::cool2::cool2::win::up::drool2: Nice collection ya got there Snake284, really nice!!!!!

That 20mm now its for Teax deer right? :rotflmao::spittingcoffee:

No, actually Robert, that's for Texas Elephants! LOL!!!
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Neat thread.

Here is my small collection of cartridges. I own a gun in everything except .22 hornet, .308win. and .38-55 win.

013-1.jpg

On a side note, the .308 is from an almost full box of Remington Cor-lok ammo I found in some stuff from my grandparents property. My grandfather died when I was 3 years old. He had a Winchester 88 that went to an uncle after he passed, I don't know if he still has it or not.
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Maybe this is a better picture:

SDC10022.jpg

The cartridges in the back ground are some 30-30s I recently loaded with Hornady Flex Tips.

I apologize for my substandard pictures. I still haven't bought a better camera.

Here's a simplified run down on the order: 20MM, .300 WBY., 405 Win., 7mm Rem. Mag., 30-06, 280 Rem., .270 Win., 8mm Mauser, .257 AI, .257 Bob, .308 Win., 30-30 Win., .250 Sav., 22-250 Rem., .223 Rem., .357 Mag., 38 Spec., .45 ACP. 9mmx19mm, 32 ACP, and 22 LR.

What! no .204 Ruger or .17 HMR.....45-70
    Nope, not yet at any rate. But Never say Never. I've just been busy rounding up a few classics that I've loved and wanted for many years. I would dearly love to have a good Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70, not that I have a particular need for one, but just because because!!! Make sense??? The .204 doesn't really crank my interest up, and for what i do I have absolutley no need for a 17 anything. However, if you like it or any cartridge, enjoy it. That's what it's all about, Whatever tickles your fancy.
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Nope, not yet at any rate. But Never say Never. I've just been busy rounding up a few classics that I've loved and wanted for many years. I would dearly love to have a good Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70, not that I have a particular need for one, but just because because!!! Make sense??? The .204 doesn't really crank my interest up, and for what i do I have absolutley no need for a 17 anything. However, if you like it or any cartridge, enjoy it. That's what it's all about, Whatever tickles your fancy.

I agree with you snake, I would love to have a Marlin Guide, not crazy about the Scout. I'm really thinking about a Marlin 336 in .35Rem. Had one about 25 years ago and never forgotten it. Did get a Marlin 30AW last week in 30-30. Also got a Win. 1400 in .20Ga lastweek. Like it a lot. I just about like any weapon in any calibre. Just something about the Scout I don,t like.
    I wouldn't mind having a Scout, but it doesn't tug on me enough yet. However, a SS Guide Gun in 45-70 does. That's something I think I would really enjoy reloading for. And it would be a seriously fine Hog Gun for sure.