Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

At least 12 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
Another senseless shooting with 12 dead and 50 injured. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/several-reportedly-dead-injured-after-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/

Only 20 miles from Columbine H.S.where a previous mass shooting took place. No doubt the Anti- Gun crowd will come out of the woodwork demanding more gun control. It is reported the shooter fired 60-65 rounds off and not one person with a CCW was in attendance to take some action to stop him.

Like Malls that post No Guns Allowed signs, now we can expect Movie theater's to post similar signs.

My heart goes out to all of the families of the dead and injured in this tragic event.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    It's already being discussed in the Clubhouse and PD forums. If it's a Regal Theater, evidently they already have "No Guns Allowed" signs.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    It's already being discussed in the Clubhouse and PD forums. If it's a Regal Theater, evidently they already have "No Guns Allowed" signs.

I did not think to look in the Clubhouse or Personal Defense forum before I posted this, as it seems to me more appropriate for this forum.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Legislatively, it probably is.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Legislatively, it probably is.

I'm not much for tinfoil hats and black helicopters, but these high-profile shootings almost seem to be something you can count on during election years. Almost makes one think Sarah Brady's got a Kamikaze training camp somewhere.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Since 9/11, attitudes regarding firearms have changed quite a bit. The politicians calling for gun bans might want to stay quiet because their calls may very well backfire on them.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 479 Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I'm not much for tinfoil hats and black helicopters, but these high-profile shootings almost seem to be something you can count on during election years. Almost makes one think Sarah Brady's got a Kamikaze training camp somewhere.

I really hope that is not the case but yesterday while getting a haircut I heard serious talk of just that thing. The theory goes like this: Fast and furious was designed to show the public that assault guns were too easy to get. The Obama admin would then be able to justify bringing back the assault weapon ban. When that idea failed another scape goat was needed, especially with the UN arms treaty soon to come to a vote. And if Obama is re-elected he will have public sentiment behind him for more controls or bans.And consider the shooter: no record , no psych issues that were obvious, no attention getting characteristics at all. Brilliant. That way the entire focus can be on the evil guns.
    Of course, fully realizing that I violated barbershop etiquette, I had to ask what was in it for the shooter? John Hinckly is still in prison. Did not change any minds.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.