Ice-T's Pro 2A Statement

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Well it seems Ice-T didn't like old Jug Ears back in 2008 and now he makes a nice concise statement on the his belief in the 2A and how the US was based on it ...

His music ain't to my taste but the way he makes his point here is excellent.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Very well spoken.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Don't believe he's allowed to own or even posess a firearm.
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    If you have money you can get your record cleaned up.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If you have money you can get your record cleaned up.

Good for him.

And if he can't own one, he can hire some bodyguards with some. I think he must have had his RKBA restored, though.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • David WhiteDavid White Member Posts: 37 Member
    What does RKBA stand for?
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    What does RKBA stand for?

Right to Keep and Bear Arms ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Spectre2250Spectre2250 Member Posts: 30 Member
    Ice T wasn't the only rapper to make a pro-2A statement after the Aurora shootings. Antwan Andre Patton a.k.a. "Big Boi" of the group Oukast, made his statement on Twitter.
    News lead from Breitbart:
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/21/OutKasts-Big-Boi-Reminds-Gun-Control-Was-Used-to-Oppress-Blacks
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    It's refreshing to hear someone in Ice-T's position speak truth boldly.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    It's refreshing to hear someone in Ice-T's position speak truth boldly.

Yeah , rappers and thugs are just what we need!
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Well I see the Rapper Ice-T has went from rapper, thug, to a Special Victims detective, on the TV show Law & Order...... and now a pro 2nd Amendment supporter... Kind of ironic don't ya think? Any way thug or not I do support what he is saying in the video..... The only thing I don't like is when one watches a Hollywood TV gun biased show, like Law and Order and ya listen very carefully to what the detective's tell, a suspect when they are in interrogation, about illeagal firearm possession, and assult rifles, and so called 'High capacity magazines', and yada, yada, yada, then one will soon learn that Hollywood TV show are trying to convience the majority of American people that owning guns is wrong, bottom line!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »

More specifically, what we need are celebrities.

Celebrity rappers, celebrity thugs, celebrity actors, celebrity writers, and more recently celebrity YouTubers and celebrity chefs.

Whether we like to admit it or not, most people are easily influenced by what celebrities say. Doesn't matter WHO the celebrity is, just that they are a celebrity.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he's a thug or not......I'd rather have every gang-banger in the country carrying M249s, than a single law abiding citizen disarmed.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,211 Senior Member
    You have to remember that it is the entertainment business. The thug image sells records. The thug image is most likely an artistic creation.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,844 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    More specifically, what we need are celebrities.

Celebrity rappers, celebrity thugs, celebrity actors, celebrity writers, and more recently celebrity YouTubers and celebrity chefs.

Whether we like to admit it or not, most people are easily influenced by what celebrities say. Doesn't matter WHO the celebrity is, just that they are a celebrity.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he's a thug or not......I'd rather have every gang-banger in the country carrying M249s, than a single law abiding citizen disarmed.
    Well said Eli :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    What Eli said! :up:
    Lots of people do stupid stuff when they're young. A lot of them grow out of it and become productive people. Ice-T seems to be one of them. The more celebrities that speak out against gun control, the more people that will be reached. They aren't watching the MSM, but they follow their favorite celebs, and that is a good way to get out the message to the maximum audience.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    He had a platform to speak from, and an audience, and he said something I agree with. I won't complain about his lifestyle because that wasn't the issue.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    Some of the so-called thugs adopt the persona as a means to sell records. The real gangsters tend to take each other out of the picture without doing much harm to John Q. Citizen, so I hope they're as well-armed as possible. If they're going to be Darwin Award candidates, I want them to be very successful at it!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,726 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »

Even if he ever was a thug and not just a marketing creation, then he turned his life around and became a successful business owner and celebrity with an ounce of common sense. Those are the people we want on our side.

However, the fact that he has a 'reality' show is what makes me want to disassociate with him.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Considering the thug reputation (which seems legit) and most everything predates his "reality" show, he's got a bit more credibility with me than most other reality show folks. Maybe even more than Ted Nugent....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    A co-worker just made the funniest statement ... "Better Ice-T than Vanilla Ice" ...
    - George Orwell
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    A co-worker just made the funniest statement ... "Better Ice-T than Vanilla Ice" ...

But not to be confused with Ice Cube....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock