11 people killed in a single vehicle accident yesterday...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,845 Senior Member
One less deaths as the "massacre" in Co.
Yet you don't hear all the talking heads wanting to restrict automobiles, limiting the number of people you can carry in a single vehicle or ANY of the BS they're calling for regarding firearms.
Coincidence? I think not :nono:

edited to correct the number of deaths from "The same" to "one less"
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    The same number of deaths as the "massacre" in Co.
    Yet you don't hear all the talking heads wanting to restrict automobiles, limiting the number of people you can carry in a single vehicle or ANY of the BS they're calling for regarding firearms.

On Fox News this morning, the ticker ran a brief synopsis of what you posted. The ticker is just a line of information that runs across the bottom of the screen.

According to the ticker, the accident occurred near some small south Texas town I've never heard of. It is about 100 miles SE of San Antonio. The pickup ran off of the hiway. Some children were among those killed.

In my opinion, it's sheer lunacy to pack that many people into a pickup, and there would have to be some riding in the bed. I also wonder how many illegals were in the crowd. It's not that far from the Texas/Mexico border.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    I understand what you're saying Jerry, I just think it's a crying shame that when someone uses a gun to kill that many people, you hear about in on the news darn near non-stop, yet a LOT more people die in auto accidents daily and they're at most just a blurb on the news.

Shows that the mainstream media's focus isn't on people dying, but on progressing their liberal "guns are bad" message
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    I just think it's a crying shame that when someone uses a gun to kill that many people, you hear about in on the news darn near non-stop, yet a LOT more people die in auto accidents daily and they're at most just a blurb on the news.

Shows that the mainstream media's focus isn't on people dying, but on progressing their liberal "guns are bad" message

Agreed, Paul. I have made a point NOT to watch any news since the Aurora shooting happened for this very reason. I have enough of the facts to know what happened, but I don't really need to see interviews with everyone who was at the move, near the move, or might go to the movie. It's insane.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Agreed, Paul. I have made a point NOT to watch any news since the Aurora shooting happened for this very reason. I have enough of the facts to know what happened, but I don't really need to see interviews with everyone who was at the move, near the move, or might go to the movie. It's insane.
    Yep, they just interrupted "The Price is Right" to show the shooter's preliminary hearing :yawn: Thank God for a DVR

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    11 deaths from a people overstuffed Ford F-250 PU is not newsworthy for the MSM as no firearms were involved. I've watched the news a lot less the last three days because of the unrelenting coverage of the Aurora, CO shootings and the removal of that statue at Penn State. One story is about a murderer who should be fed into a wood chipper at a feed rate of one inch per minute, and the other is about a head coach that protected a pervert to protect the football program. Most of the coverage is about the perpetrators with not much about the victims. That's freakin' upside down news coverage.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

According to the ticker, the accident occurred near some small south Texas town I've never heard of.

GOLIAD! The Texian's Battle cry was "Remember the Alamo, Remember Goliad!" It was a pivotal place in the Texas Revolution.

There were more people shot and killed in Dear Leader's hometown (and gun control paradise) of Chicago in the last month than in the theater massacre. But there is no political capital to be gained by dancing in their blood.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Most, if not all, of the jurisdictions in the National Capital Region outlaw passengers riding in the bed of a pickup, whether open or covered. What are the laws like out west?

But yeah, there's been no hew and cry over those deaths at all; just wailing and weeping over the accident. It was certainly tragic and the dead didn't deserve their fate, but still...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    11 deaths from a people overstuffed Ford F-250 PU is not newsworthy for the MSM as no firearms were involved. I've watched the news a lot less the last three days because of the unrelenting coverage of the Aurora, CO shootings and the removal of that statue at Penn State. One story is about a murderer who should be fed into a wood chipper at a feed rate of one inch per minute, and the other is about a head coach that protected a pervert to protect the football program. Most of the coverage is about the perpetrators with not much about the victims. That's freakin' upside down news coverage.

Yeah, Mike and I think that both should be hung by the neck til they are dead, dead, Dead.
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    One less deaths as the "massacre" in Co.

edited to correct the number of deaths from "The same" to "one less"

That's silly to compare a vehicle accident to the murdering of people at a movie theater.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,556 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    That's silly to compare a vehicle accident to the murdering of people at a movie theater.

Unless the driver wrecked on purpose, I agree
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Buford wrote: »
    Why is it silly? a bunch of people died through no fault of their own in both cases

Why is it silly? a bunch of people died through no fault of their own in both cases

I wouldnt say silly, but not tbe same.One was accidental, one was meticulously planned. The guy ib the truck may have broke law but he didn't mean/ plan for people to die
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member

You choose to drive or ride in a car. Everyone has seen terrible drivers and people driving and doing everything except paying attention to the road. You gamble with your life every time you get in a car. Watching a movie and being gunned down, certainly not the expected. The only time I used this argument was when they wanted a 10 cent ammo tax {per cartridge} to help pay for the gun crime medical costs. In this case automobile accidents trump gun violence a 1,000 times.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    The truck drover is more like the guy who leaves a loaded gun in the sock drawer and his 6 year old shoots his brotber with it....
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

There were more people shot and killed in Dear Leader's hometown (and gun control paradise) of Chicago in the last month than in the theater massacre. But there is no political capital to be gained by dancing in their blood.

TWICE as many people murdered in Chicago so far in July than in the Aurora atrocity:
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/07/remembering-chicagos-victims/
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    TWICE as many people murdered in Chicago so far in July than in the Aurora atrocity:
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/07/remembering-chicagos-victims/
    Wow.

The reason I mentioned a MVC was because of all the media uproar about how guns kill so many people. Yet more people were killed in a single car wreck and it doesn't get near the coverage.