Brace yourselves, gun grabbers already at work over CO shooting

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,976 Senior Member
NYC Mayor was yapping early yesterday calling for gun control even before the bodies were removed from the theater. Brady Bunch/many news media outlets are salivating at the prospect of another tragic event to get more gun laws passed.

So far the usual stupid remarks have surfaced and I've heard calls for the AWB to be reinstated, magazine capacity restrictions to a total ban on firearms.

All the news outlets are showing their ignorance of firearms and what is perfectly legal and what isn't. Words like assault weapons/ 4-gun arsenal are being bandied about.

It is reported that ABC News said yesterday morning the shooter had "Ties" to the Tea Party.

The news conference with the Aurora Police Chief (Oats?) had him describing how the shooter was able to obtain his guns and ammo. He said he ordered ammo from the Internet as if that was an unthinkable or nefarious way to get ammo. We know he could have just bought it locally instead of bulk. The 100 round magazine came into question like if he didn't have one he couldn't have done his killings, which we know is baloney because of the ease to drop one and insert another regular magazine. It may have even kept him from continuing because of jamming, I don't know yet.

What I'm saying is this isn't looking good for law abiding gun owners, the gun-grabbing vultures are shameless and will stoop to new lows because of this tragic event because everyone is emotional and want something done now, anything, Even though more laws wouldn't have prevented this, they don't care.

For example here is some distorted reporting insinuating he was carrying 6000 rounds around with him on his rampage...get real.

"The suspect in a shooting spree at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater was packing as many as 6,000 rounds with the ability to shoot up to 50 a minute, the police chief said Friday evening, as authorities began to notify families that their loved ones are among the victims in the deadly rampage."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/police-work-to-id-victims-colorado-massacre-delay-probe-suspect-apartment/#ixzz21FZN8K4T
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    NYC Mayor was yapping early yesterday calling for gun control even before the bodies were removed from the theater. Brady Bunch/many news media outlets are salivating at the prospect of another tragic event to get more gun laws passed.

So far the usual stupid remarks have surfaced and I've heard calls for the AWB to be reinstated, magazine capacity restrictions to a total ban on firearms.

All the news outlets are showing their ignorance of firearms and what is perfectly legal and what isn't. Words like assault weapons/ 4-gun arsenal are being bandied about.

It is reported that ABC News said yesterday morning the shooter had "Ties" to the Tea Party.

The news conference with the Aurora Police Chief (Oats?) had him describing how the shooter was able to obtain his guns and ammo. He said he ordered ammo from the Internet as if that was an unthinkable or nefarious way to get ammo. We know he could have just bought it locally instead of bulk. The 100 round magazine came into question like if he didn't have one he couldn't have done his killings, which we know is baloney because of the ease to drop one and insert another regular magazine. It may have even kept him from continuing because of jamming, I don't know yet.

What I'm saying is this isn't looking good for law abiding gun owners, the gun-grabbing vultures are shameless and will stoop to new lows because of this tragic event because everyone is emotional and want something done now, anything, Even though more laws wouldn't have prevented this, they don't care.

For example here is some distorted reporting insinuating he was carrying 6000 rounds around with him on his rampage...get real.

"The suspect in a shooting spree at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater was packing as many as 6,000 rounds with the ability to shoot up to 50 a minute, the police chief said Friday evening, as authorities began to notify families that their loved ones are among the victims in the deadly rampage."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/police-work-to-id-victims-colorado-massacre-delay-probe-suspect-apartment/#ixzz21FZN8K4T

I agree. Look what happened in Australia following the Port Arthur 'Massacre'. Here is a link to refresh your memories...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

Scroll down to the section titled Community and Government Reaction and read what happened. Then look at this...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia
    Read the section about the effect the 'massacre' had on firearms legislation and the shenanigans that went on .......

It could happen in the USA.

One of the reasons I stopped competing in Australia was that I couldnt take my trap and skeet guns over ( My skeet gun was an 1187 Premier skeet model)
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Seen the same thing happen when the Columbine shooting happened, and the Ft. Hood, etc. etc.....Anti-gunners are always quick to blame the guns,and ammo and not the person!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    Typical knee-jerk, progresso-lib jerks.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,244 Senior Member
    Unfortunately this plays into what they already wanted to accomplish. Nevermind the fact that this was a well planned event that he could have still killed as many of more people by changing tactics slightly and using another means if he had no guns.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    Unfortunately this plays into what they already wanted to accomplish. Nevermind the fact that this was a well planned event that he could have still killed as many of more people by changing tactics slightly and using another means if he had no guns.

Yep, the circling gun control sharks have smelled blood......again. I'm afraid the repercussions from this one will be much worse than anything lately.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member

Look at the elaborate booby traps he set in his apartment and how long it took the bomb squad to neutralize. He could have created bombs to set off in the movie theater and killed a lot more then he did. All of the reports state he was very intelligent and took chemistry, which would give him knowledge of how to create bombs.

Notice the media did not mention the theater was a "Gun Free Zone" and guns were banned from the premises. I wonder if there had been several CCW holders armed in the theater what would have happened?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    If. Such a big word.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If. Such a big word.

If if were horses, beggars would ride......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Yep, the circling gun control sharks have smelled blood......again. I'm afraid the repercussions from this one will be much worse than anything lately.

Been there, done that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_school_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria_shootings

Look where we ended up.
    Be vigilant.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,422 Senior Member
    One of the things that really amazed me was that Bloomberg, the mayor of NYC, was on the tube "addressing the situation" before the governor of Colorado was.

I bet I know why, and I bet he had "help". Media-type help.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,244 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Look at the elaborate booby traps he set in his apartment and how long it took the bomb squad to neutralize. He could have created bombs to set off in the movie theater and killed a lot more then he did. All of the reports state he was very intelligent and took chemistry, which would give him knowledge of how to create bombs.

Not to tough to learn. The anarchists cookbook has been out there for a long time. Never good when the bad guy has a plan and hes smart.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    Yep, they see their opportunity, the big anti-gun jerk himself Sen Launtenberg:cuss::cuss: was one of the first..imagine that. What they want is knee-jerk legislation while emotions are still high.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/21/mass-shooting-prompts-calls-from-capitol-hill-and-beyond-for-tighter-gun-laws/

"The call for federal lawmakers to tighten gun laws has intensified following the mass shooting in Colorado, with New Jersey Democratic Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg urging Congress on Saturday to swiftly address a ban on certain weapons.

“Let's stop wasting time and start saving lives,” Lautenberg, D-N.J. said on his Twitter account. “Congress must prioritize a ban on high-capacity gun magazines.”

At least one other lawmaker has already called on President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney to address the issue.

"Soothing words are nice," New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a radio interview, "but maybe it's time that the two people who want to be president of the United States stand up and tell us what they are going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country."

Lautenberg was also among the first on Capitol Hill to comment on the shooting massacre early Friday at a suburban Colorado movie theatre that left 12 people dead and dozens wounded. The alleged shooter, James Holmes, was armed with an AR-15 assault rifle and three other weapons.

“The shooting in Aurora is a horrific act of violence, and our thoughts go out to the innocent victims and their families,” he said Friday. “Our hearts are filled with sadness for the 12 people killed and the dozens wounded in this senseless act. We have to face the reality that these types of tragedies will continue to occur unless we do something about our nation’s lax gun laws.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/21/mass-shooting-prompts-calls-from-capitol-hill-and-beyond-for-tighter-gun-laws/#ixzz21MAYjlST
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member

Imagine that! It took em only hours to get on their band wagon. Now all the sheep in the country will be singing their praises. GRRRRRR!!!!! Morons!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Imagine that! It took em only hours to get on their band wagon. Now all the sheep in the country will be singing their praises. GRRRRRR!!!!! Morons!!!

Sometimes I wonder if these idiots don't do such things as James Holmes did to further gun control in this country. All the sheeple get on the band wagon following the Pied Piper off the edge of their flat world.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,345 Senior Member
    The only problem with that line of thought is that 'tightening' gun laws still would not have precluded this guy from gettting ANY of the things that he got. His only history with the law is a speeding ticket, and I haven't heard of any mental health issues either. So, unless the antis are saying that a speeding ticket and NO mental issues are a recipe for exclusion, they've got their work cut out for them. Of course, they have to strike when emotions are high, because once folks calm down and think, they'll realize that there wouldn't have been any stopping this guy.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,544 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    One of the things that really amazed me was that Bloomberg, the mayor of NYC, was on the tube "addressing the situation" before the governor of Colorado was.

I bet I know why, and I bet he had "help". Media-type help.

Mike

I noticed this as well. He is planning a run for the presidency at some point. His platform will be national gun control enforced by stop and frisk.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    This political analysis suggests that there is still limited support for more gun control...
    http://news.yahoo.com/calls-gun-control-stir-little-support-132319718.html
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    This political analysis suggests that there is still limited support for more gun control...
    http://news.yahoo.com/calls-gun-control-stir-little-support-132319718.html
    I saw a news article of CBS yesterday saying the same thing.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    NN wrote: »
    I saw a news article of CBS yesterday saying the same thing.

Hopefully this will be the case after the Dems got burned in the past for supporting more gun control. However, they are screaming like raped apes this time around, louder than usual. I think we will see Obammy address gun control now more than he has previously from his reelection pulpit.

I hope I am wrong and it just blows over as emotions and we need to "Do Something" feel good calls for new legislation subside.

I do think some questions and possibly a look into the mental state of gun buyers qualifying to purchase firearms will be examined. That is scary in and of itself. Where is the line and WHO determines that? A counselor at school? A preacher at Church? Local Police Chief? Your Doctor? The VA?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    I do think some questions and possibly a look into the mental state of gun buyers qualifying to purchase firearms will be examined. That is scary in and of itself. Where is the line and WHO determines that? A counselor at school? A preacher at Church? Local Police Chief? Your Doctor? The VA?
    Probably so, esp, since I got the vibe from that story about the press trying to interview
    the shooters Mom that she knew he wasn't right.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    Here is a good article about this http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2012/07/21/before_the_dust_settles_in_aurora_democrats_call_for_gun_control

They all follow Rahm Emanuel's comment that "you never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Sincere politicians are offering condolences and grieving for victims of this tragedy while others are promoting their agenda, how pathetic.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    Diane Feinstein admits that it is a bad idea to pursue gun control during an election year...
    http://news.yahoo.com/feinstein-election-not-ideal-gun-debate-153421106.html
    I am not saying that we should let our guard down at all. We always need to keep the pressure on the politicians. Remember that the "gun lobby" that politicians are referring to is not some rich guy in a suit pulling strings... We are the gun lobby. Don't ever forget that!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    Swine-Stein was on Fox News awhile ago dishing out the same old high capacity magazine claptrap as always. That is one ugly broad- - - -physically as well as ideologically!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Yep, they see their opportunity, the big anti-gun jerk himself Sen Launtenberg:cuss::cuss: was one of the first..imagine that. What they want is knee-jerk legislation while emotions are still high.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/21/mass-shooting-prompts-calls-from-capitol-hill-and-beyond-for-tighter-gun-laws/

"The call for federal lawmakers to tighten gun laws has intensified following the mass shooting in Colorado, with New Jersey Democratic Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg urging Congress on Saturday to swiftly address a ban on certain weapons.

“Let's stop wasting time and start saving lives,” Lautenberg, D-N.J. said on his Twitter account. “Congress must prioritize a ban on high-capacity gun magazines.”

At least one other lawmaker has already called on President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney to address the issue.

"Soothing words are nice," New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a radio interview, "but maybe it's time that the two people who want to be president of the United States stand up and tell us what they are going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country."

Lautenberg was also among the first on Capitol Hill to comment on the shooting massacre early Friday at a suburban Colorado movie theatre that left 12 people dead and dozens wounded. The alleged shooter, James Holmes, was armed with an AR-15 assault rifle and three other weapons.

“The shooting in Aurora is a horrific act of violence, and our thoughts go out to the innocent victims and their families,” he said Friday. “Our hearts are filled with sadness for the 12 people killed and the dozens wounded in this senseless act. We have to face the reality that these types of tragedies will continue to occur unless we do something about our nation’s lax gun laws.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/21/mass-shooting-prompts-calls-from-capitol-hill-and-beyond-for-tighter-gun-laws/#ixzz21MAYjlST

Isn't this a coincedence, here it is election year and now they're going to hold Romney's feet to the fire? Let's see how Obama responds, whether he keeps his mouth shut hoping Romney will committ to this first. That's the plan I guarantee. Once his chief competitor opens his mouth then Obama is exempt from any fallout no matter what he says.
  • PunisherPunisher Member Posts: 35 Member
    One thing i dont get is when someone gets killed by a gun people want to ban them all. But cars, tobacco, meds all kill way more people than guns do but yet know one wants to ban those things. and people thing getting rid of guns means less people will get killed. but seeing how anyone can go to walmart and buy all they need to build a bomb that can kill mass amounts of people. whats funny is you can get two of the key ingredients at walmart to make napalm. so if someone can create something that can cause mass deaths with crap from walmart why aint they giving walmart crap for supplying deadly products. point blank it dont matter if they get rid of all guns people are still going to find a way to kill. its human nature. we have been inventive killers for a very very long time. thats my opinion.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Because some narrow-minded people see killing as the only use for guns.
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
    I guess Obammy is in CO fixing to make a speech, we'll see. He may be holding off his true colors on gun control until and IF he gets reelected. His Dem buds got burned pretty bad years ago and some remember that well.

I do look for some kinda Hi-Cap silliness like no 100 round drum mags or something similiar, at least introduced, don't know if it can fly through both the House and Senate.
  • PreppingcowboyPreppingcowboy New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Isn't this a coincedence, here it is election year and now they're going to hold Romney's feet to the fire? Let's see how Obama responds, whether he keeps his mouth shut hoping Romney will committ to this first. That's the plan I guarantee. Once his chief competitor opens his mouth then Obama is exempt from any fallout no matter what he says.

Dontforget about the UN's small arms treaty, that Obama needs support to get passed!!!! This nut may have just supplied that support!
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    The Norway massacre of 77 people was about a year ago. This guy used explosives (made from fertilizer) and firearms (not sure which ones). Norway has some of the strongest gun control laws in the world.
    The laws were 100% ineffective. Ah, liberal progressives.