Second Ammendment

AiredaleAiredale BannedPosts: 624 Senior Member
We, as gun owners and defenders of the right to bear arms have picked up trash, just like whirlpool picks up debris.
The shooter in Arizona and the shooter in Colorado.
They're in the eddy, not in the mainstream.
It's up to us to repudiate those people.

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,726 Senior Member
    Speak for yourself. Mass murderers don't represent me.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »

Yeah, that.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    Never mind.
    Of course those people don't represent us.
    Talking to people like you is like talking into a black hole that absorbs all intelligence.
    Mass murderers don't represent any of us, you dolt.
    And yes, we should take any action we can to prevent these whackos from injecting themselves into the protection of the 2nd ammenendment.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    Nice insults.

What are you seeing done that would suggest that law-abiding gun owners are NOT repudiating these people? What do you see being done that suggests that that these people are being given Second Amendment rights? Mind you neither of these had any criminal records prior to these incidents, and whatever medical records they had that might or might not indicate a proclivity for this sort of action are sealed by doctor-patient confidentiality. You know, the right to privacy...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,773 Senior Member
    Airedale wrote: »
    It's up to us to repudiate those people.

Who HASN'T repudiated them?

I don't get your point. What are you trying to get across?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • pbearperrypbearperry Member Posts: 91 Member
    My guess is Airedale is frustrated and sickened along with everyone else here in this forum.The sad proof is that whenever anyone messes up,anyone else in his specific group gets painted by a wide brush by many people in general.Sad but true.All I can say is,I have owned and carried firearms in Massachusetts for 47 years and none of my guns have been involved in any crime relating to firearms.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    pbearperry wrote: »
    My guess is Airedale is frustrated and sickened along with everyone else here in this forum.

Naw. He's just suffering from a severely crippling lack of personal relationship skills.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    And yes, we should take any action we can to prevent these whackos from injecting themselves into the protection of the 2nd ammenendment.

What do you suggest we do?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    Very well....

As a Baptist, I will henceforth begin weekly repudiations of the Westboro Baptist Church. They sicken me, and I am not at all in agreement with their philosophies, even though they are Baptist in name only, and not associated with any Baptist Convention.

Do I need to do the same as a law-abiding gun owner?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    What do you suggest we do?

I recommend We train and deputize special ostriches to patrol the streets and teach them to identify the psychos among us and use their special bustard bird powers and pluck the weapons away from those psychos and run away with those weapons.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member

What action do you propose?
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,842 Senior Member
    Remain armed at all times. Eventually a CCW will kill an active shooter, saving countless lives.

Of course, the press will distort the event, or say that we violated the "no guns" policy of Business X.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Remain armed at all times. Eventually a CCW will kill an active shooter, saving countless lives.

Of course, the press will distort the event, or say that we violated the "no guns" policy of Business X.

They just had one of those incedentses in Florida a week or so ago and you sure didn't this much about it, did you?
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Glad to see that you continue your well thought out posting.

But, I do pick up roadside trash on occasion even stream side trash as well, of course
    finding it in an eddy might make it easier.

And for sure, I keep guns away from the disturbed person down the street.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Talking to people like you is like talking into a black hole that absorbs all intelligence.

Ahhhhhh...obviously you have met my Mother in law....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

It's already happened- - - -right there in Aurora Colorado. The woman who took out the shooter at the church just a short time ago after he killed ONE person was totally ignored by the liberals in their attempts to create mass hysteria! Hypocrites!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,842 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    It's already happened- - - -right there in Aurora Colorado. The woman who took out the shooter at the church just a short time ago after he killed ONE person was totally ignored by the liberals in their attempts to create mass hysteria! Hypocrites!
    Jerry

I remember this story, but I thought she was an off-duty cop acting as security. In the press's eyes, a cop is not the same as a civilian with a weapon. I know there was a guy (off duty cop) that stopped a mall shooter awhile back. Once again, he was a cop and the press focused on his fearless professionalism. And rightly so.

ETA: I suppose the only way a CCW will get any positive press if the shooter kills a dozen victims and then the CCW kills the shooter.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member

How about we take action to prevent these whack-jobs from getting what they want, which is to be famous. Take away the 24 hour a day coverage with their names and ugly mugs splashed across the headlines, they would go away. This scumbag got exactly what he wanted, he is world famous.

"Mass murderers don't represent any of us, you dolt."

And in case you wondered, it is little statements such as this that has endeared you to the rest of us. Every time you make some statement of your opinion, and it is met with any resistance, you respond with vitriol and spite. YOUR opinion is just that, YOURS! I don't have to agree with it. Nobody else on here does either. Don't get your feelings hurt when we don't. We are all on here to learn about, discuss, and enjoy the shooting sports. Not to have somebody come on, call us "dolts", and insult our intelligence. If you can't play and get along with the other children, go back to shouting things at the kids in the park.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,726 Senior Member
    Never mind.
    Of course those people don't represent us.
    Mass murderers don't represent any of us, you dolt.

If you are going to make a habit of scolding people for their lack of intelligence, you probably should learn to spell better. The irony of that tends to make the recipient of your intended insult more amused than chastised.

Please expand on how you want gun owners to react to this crime, so that this will never happen again. I thought I was already doing about all I could to be prepared for something like this. But if you can tell me some way to distinguish these sick people from any normal citizen, without violating the rights of every other citizen, I'll quit my job and dedicate the rest of my life to tracking them down and preventing these tragedies.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    And Airedale, you may want to refrain from insulting people here; it usually results in a one-way trip out the door. Wambli has been more than patient.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »

They don't represent me either in any way, form, or fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!

bullsi1911 wrote:
    Who HASN'T repudiated them?

I don't get your point. What are you trying to get across?

I don't get the point either??????????????????
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Lordy Lordy,,, this Airedale person knows not what he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a clue!!!! How many times have we heard the expression: "I refuse to do a battle of wits with an unarmed person? I think this should apply in the Airedale's case, dont' Ya'll?

Buffco wrote:
    Naw. He's just suffering from a severely crippling lack of personal relationship skills.

and tact,knowledge,among other things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one Buffy!
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    And Airedale, you may want to refrain from insulting people here; it usually results in a one-way trip out the door. Wambli has been more than patient.

:agree::that:
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    You're a much more tolerant Mod than I would be.

Which raises an interesting point...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    I'm a big believer in giving everyone all the rope they need...

I got no problem tying a 13 round turn on a bite on the business end of that rope before they get too much slack....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    I'm in love with a Glock