Home Main Category General Firearms

Range visit/Ruger factory mags

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Lets see, it was HOT and humid in central TX this morning! I took the usual amount of five rifles to the range with me today.

Marlin Model 60 .22 LR
Marlin 883 .22 mag bolt rifle
Ruger Ranch Rifle .223
Enfield .303
Wartime round receiver Mosin Nagant 7.62X54R

My scope must have "Creeped" on my model 60, the bell was resting on the front sight leaf. I loosened the base and slide it back some in the factory grooves on the rifle. It started to get better like it was, but I need to take it off and re-mount the whole thing IAW instructions. I probably spent too much time farting around with it before moving on to another rifle.

I worked my way up in caliber, more or less from .22/.22 mag/.223/.303/7.62X54R (I reload the same diameter bullets in these last two-.3105-.311)

All shooting was @ 50 meters.

Bottom right is 50 rounds from my Ruger Ranch Rifle. I wanted to try out a couple of the 20 and 30 round magazines I just got. Both worked without a hitch. man oh man does that barrel get smoking hot quick on that rifle!

Top left is .22 magnum from a Marlin model 883. I've done a lot better with it in the past.

Bottom pic..303 and Mosin Nagant. Top right is the Mosin, i was aiming for the bottom of the red square. It shot high as usual. I didn't get the .303 captured in my pic they were low and left.

I've done better than today before with all those rifles, nothing to write home about, but I had fun. :guns:

IMG-20120728-00022.jpg

IMG-20120728-00023.jpg
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,447 Senior Member
    I'd say that any day on the range is a good day but.........DANG! It's Africa hot out there! Glad you got out, though. Hope you got done before melting.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith