Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

CNN: Do you own a gun?

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
CNN is asking for gun owners to submit their stories and photos.

In case anyone is interested, here is the link.

http://ireport.cnn.com/topics/818658?hpt=hp_bn1
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    They must want to drag in some mall ninjas, etc. to present as the average gun owners
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I was thinking they are looking for the bubbas that get interviewed at every gun show.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    I'm tempted to reply... I'm worried however that with my background the editor would paint me as an insane right wing extremist who was brainwashed at a young age (despite the fact that I attended very liberal schools and actually got in trouble many times for speaking up for my opinion).
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I was thinking they are looking for the bubbas that get interviewed at every gun show.

Not just the Bubbas, the Elmer Fudd crowd is just as bad with their me and my hunting rifle / shotgun and chicken poop views on so called assault weapons and machine guns etc...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • rice paddy daddyrice paddy daddy New Member Posts: 12 New Member
    I wouldn't talk to ANY tv reporter if my life depended on it.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "We Will." Motto of the 5th Infantry Division, US Army.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member

Good thinking. No matter what you say, it will get edited or simply not shown.

Adam J. McCleod

• 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    :guns:
    Ok here is mine.
    And my story " I have two guns one for each hand!"
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Yes, yes I do.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    I'm tempted to reply... I'm worried however that with my background the editor would paint me as an insane right wing extremist who was brainwashed at a young age (despite the fact that I attended very liberal schools and actually got in trouble many times for speaking up for my opinion).

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW CNN, I have more than two guns and two boxes of ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member

Not about a topic like "show us your guns!"
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    We NEED more responsible gun owners like the folk here to come out and talk about stuff like this. We can't just be represented by the rednecks, bubba's, cousin diddlers and mall ninjas. We all talk a big game about our rights and public opinion, but shy away from talking about it for fear of being cast in the wrong light. If enough REAL gun owners speak up, then eventually we will no longer be pigeonholed as toothless backwoods yokels buying up ten thousand rounds of ammo for the impending doomsday scenarios.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    We NEED more responsible gun owners like the folk here to come out and talk about stuff like this. We can't just be represented by the rednecks, bubba's, cousin diddlers and mall ninjas. We all talk a big game about our rights and public opinion, but shy away from talking about it for fear of being cast in the wrong light. If enough REAL gun owners speak up, then eventually we will no longer be pigeonholed as toothless backwoods yokels buying up ten thousand rounds of ammo for the impending doomsday scenarios.

:tooth::rotflmao: Ya got a point there MHS. Now Dan, I happen to represent those accurate descriptions!!!!!!!!:rotflmao: After all I am from North Carolina. I have a few teeth left for now:tooth::rotflmao: I have no quams presonally about being interviewed by CNN or Fox, NBC, ABC, etc. on my gun owning position. I just never came across the opportunity to do so. If I did I would want to get my facts straight, all my ducks in a row, and not embarass any gun owner or myself during the interview. I would also like to be well informed on accurate data, statistics, so a clever reporter, or commentator would not chew me up and spit me out! I don't feel like I am the best nor the most informed to do such an interview, I think there are others here who could do a much better job than myself for the task at hand. However my opinions and my stand on gun ownership, gun rights, the 2nd Amendment,is just that, my opinion and would not reflect the opinions of others.

I posted on the old G & A board about a situation that happened to my son during his 7 or 8th grade school year. To make a long post short here, basically what happened that year, (and it was about a year or two after the Colorado Columbine incident); was he and one of his buddies were drawing AR-15's on paper during recess and someone reported them. Well the boys got called to the office, I got a call at work to go to the school and meet with them and the principle.. The bottom line was I did get my say to the so called "Powers to be" about my gun ownership, my gun rights, and my son's gun rights, and yada yada yada......The end result was both my son and his friend ended up with a 3 day suspension, but I did get to see that Robbie got all his assignments for those 3 days and would not be punished academically for any absent due to his suspension. And for the record I did get to speak my peace to the principle about guns and the rights of American citizens to own and bear arms, and how a simple drawing can not and does not mean that it's going to cause,or be made to cause another school shooting.
    "It is what it is":usa: