Home Main Category Personal Defense

Batman Premier in Colorado, 14 dead many more injured

1234568»

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Well, that settles it then! So, where were you when this started? I've been putting off my knitting because of this discussion! You could have settled it a long time ago! :-)

My apologies.............the older I get the frequency of being late for the party and forgetting to bring beer increases.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,461 Senior Member
    I thought you were in the future. You didn't see this coming?!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I can personally testify that getting shot by a .45 acp at 10 feet, impact center-mass on a ballistic vest hurts, but does not make a person move in any way....... feels like a sharp slap to the chest.....

I, for one, am glad you were wearing that vest and that it worked.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Ive got a masters in science education and teach my own MythBusters type classes.
    Plus my mother is dead and didn't have a basement. But thanks for the far from intellectual response.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a physics teacher but I've played one in a movie. Mythbusters type classes? wow:yawn:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member
    I have seen alot of 150# whitetails take a big bullet going fast with no exit wound and none of them were knocked off their feet.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Why are we wasting time arguing with this pompous blowhard?
    Jerry
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    They say that when in an argument a party succumbs to the "Hitler/Nazi's" to prove their point they lose all credibility and their point becomes moot...

Same should apply to anyone using "Mythbusters" to prove a point, IT IS A scripted, staged and edited TELEVISION SHOW... where when they don't get the desired effect, exaggerate the test conditions until the desired eye candy BANG is achieved.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,663 Senior Member
    I'm not a physics teacher but I've played one in a movie. Mythbusters type classes? wow:yawn:

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night and I say my 'Fowdy' will knock a man clean out of his shoes.... course I'm the only one here qualified to touch it...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,953 Senior Member
    And the mass absorbs its energy, getting moved in the process.

Exactly, to .146 fps with a impulse force. Wont knock you down.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    I saw a video of Chuck Taylor wearing a vest with a plate in it (probably several vests/plates) get shot with everything from a .25 ACP up to a .308. This was made for a ballistic vest company, I think, and I also assume he got lots of money to do this. Anyway, none of the rounds moved him significantly.

This was about 20 years ago. Chuck Taylor came to our police department and did some training, which I was the benefeciary of. The video was made after the training, I just thought I'd mention it.

If a round knocks someone off his feet, it's nerve damage, not physics.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    And an object in motion tends to stay in motion. Its the part you left out that matters. Why is that?

Both parts are equal there professor. Rule #3

Special barn boots to climb walls are in your future.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Both parts are equal there professor. Rule #3

Special barn boots to climb walls are in your future.

To climb stalls.
    Buffco wrote: »
    To climb stalls.

When it gets too deep???
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Both barn, and bathroom...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Careful you might upset the tactical response team in their golf cart.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Where did Einstein go............:conehead:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I saw a video of Chuck Taylor wearing a vest with a plate in it (probably several vests/plates) get shot with everything from a .25 ACP up to a .308. This was made for a ballistic vest company, I think, and I also assume he got lots of money to do this. Anyway, none of the rounds moved him significantly.

This was about 20 years ago. Chuck Taylor came to our police department and did some training, which I was the benefeciary of. The video was made after the training, I just thought I'd mention it.

If a round knocks someone off his feet, it's nerve damage, not physics.

Psychogenic effects..... fainting, I've been shot etc....

Trauma to the central nervous system will cause someone to collapse, trauma to the peripheral nervous system will affect a localized area..

psychogenic shock = fainting......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Where did Einstein go............:conehead:

He's off preparing a Mythbusters style class plan involving a swallow, Turkish prisons, gladiator movies and naked grown men.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,117 Senior Member
    He's off preparing a Mythbusters style class plan involving a swallow, Turkish prisons, gladiator movies and naked grown men.

You forgot the coconut ( insert appropriate emoticon here)
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    9 pages!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding me.

Just goes to show you that there are people who are bloody minded enough to argue that the world is round.....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    9 pages!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding me.

Just goes to show you that there are people who are bloody minded enough to argue that the world is round.....

Whas a matta fo' you? The world she's a flat like a pizza pie!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Disk on a turtles back
    As a cartographic geographer with a BS in BS, I assure you that the world is square. I even teach a Swamp People type class regarding this.
    :spittingcoffee:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    As a cartographic geographer with a BS in BS, I assure you that the world is square. I even teach a Swamp People type class regarding this.

I prefer a square pizza !!!! yum !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JohnnyPseudonymJohnnyPseudonym New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    My PM9 vs AK/AR wielding body armored gunman???? Don't like those odds.

He wasn't a big guy, and being shot, even with body armor on, hurts, and at close range, will most likely knock you on your . That 2-3 second stumble is all the crowd needed to rush him and get his guns away from him. Body armor is cumbersome. Your ability to move is restricted, moving around quickly is almost out of the question. Don't get me wrong, the situation would not have been optimal for SD, but I'd rather die fighting and hopefully save some people.

Unfortunately the antis are going to use this to try to take the guns out of the hands of responsible owners.

My prayers to the victims and families.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    He wasn't a big guy, and being shot, even with body armor on, hurts, and at close range, will most likely knock you on your . That 2-3 second stumble is all the crowd needed to rush him and get his guns away from him. Body armor is cumbersome. Your ability to move is restricted, moving around quickly is almost out of the question. Don't get me wrong, the situation would not have been optimal for SD, but I'd rather die fighting and hopefully save some people.

Unfortunately the antis are going to use this to try to take the guns out of the hands of responsible owners.

My prayers to the victims and families.

Welcome to the forum. You don't by chance like gladiator movies do you?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • David WhiteDavid White Member Posts: 37 Member
    Charlie Schumer and his cronies are trying to insert a magazine ban into the Cyber Security bill!!
    Call you reps and tell them to vote NO!