Home Main Category General Firearms

CCW 9MM and Holster

sherwoodsherwood Senior MemberPosts: 1,220 Senior Member
After reading the replies about my 380 question I now am looking at a 9mm for CCW. Any help/comments? Thanks.
I may be old but I ain't dead!
DPRMD

Replies

• 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    I really like my kahr cw-9 found it for 390 at LGS = pawn shop . Accurate it is my go to carry weapon. Bianchi holster.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,132 Senior Member
    The Smith and Wesson Shield is my new go to carry gun.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,533 Senior Member
    Kahr PM9 with a Galco Matrix 7X works most days for me. Remora holster when I need to go IWB.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,247 Senior Member
    I carry my Kel-Tec PF9 all the time in a Don Hume IWB.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    After reading the replies about my 380 question I now am looking at a 9mm for CCW. Any help/comments? Thanks.

My glock 19 in Remora holster es muy bueno.
    You will have a hard time finding a better duo for the price of those 2.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I have a Kahr Elite 03 9mm that is awesome, I would like to have a CW9 for light weight carry.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Zippo1313Zippo1313 Member Posts: 88 Member
    Xd or xdm can't be beat holsters is a personal thing one might work well for u but not others
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    S&W Shield, Kahr, or PF9.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    I accumulated a small assortment of subcompacts and a drawer full of holsters, in search of the 'perfect' CCW combo, and have discovered that no such thing exists. No matter how small and powerful, there are drawbacks to concealed carry that cannot be overcome, except by reconciling yourself to varying amounts of discomfort and making compromises in the way you dress and 'present' yourself in public (avoiding hugs and being aware of reaching high and bending over).

After much trial and error, I would recommend any of the Kahrs, of the ones I have experience with, for anyone with average sized hands. If you have big hands, you will have to make adjustments to keep the trigger guard from chewing on your knuckle, so you might want to try one of the others that have different grip inserts that can be adjusted to your hand.

For holsters, I prefer IWB hybrids, of the Crossbreed design.
  • levergunlevergun New Member Posts: 17 New Member
    My 9mm of choice is my ruger p94 built like a tank so it's larger then some but completely indestructible and you can find them used dirt cheap. $250-$350 most places. I have a bianchi IWB and a blackhawk cqc that I love. The slide style holsters suck it in real tight and can be covered easily with a simple t shirt. I can't remember how many of my buddies have told me they had no clue I was ccw with a full size 1911 with the cqc.
    USN/ss Run Silent, Run Deep.
    ASE master tech