Home Main Category General Firearms

About .22 pistols ???

2»

Replies

• sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    Mr.F wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting a .22 pistol for cheaper target practice & for when I take a new shooter along . I see Ruger Mark IIs & Mark IIIs in the shops - is there any differance between the two that would matter ? Any other models that would would fit the bill that are affordable ?

With all this talk about .22 Autos, have you not thought about a revolver, say a S/W 63 . I have had one for several years now and believe S/W has reintroduced it. Haven't seen a new one yet.
  • TurkeyOakTurkeyOak Member Posts: 32 Member
    I have a Ruger .22/45 slabside (Mkiii). The lawyering doesn't bother me, I don't even notice the chamber indicator.
    I picked it over the Buckmark because I'm left handed and the Buckmark had a contoured right hand grip.
    I picked it over a regular Mark III because I like the bull barrel.
    It shoots great, feels great, and I'm very accurate with it. I just bought it for a cheap ammo shooter and it has become my favorite pistol.
    It is a pain to take down to I usually just bore snake it.
    Love, love, love it!
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Ruger Mark I and Mark II pistols are habit forming for me. I bought my first one in 1965 and it's on the left in this photo. The others serve different purposes.

I recently got one of Ruger's SR-22's and it's a fine little pistol in its own right. I do agree with several posters about the Mark III models. They are not up to the other two models IMHO.

eta..... the two short barreled pistols are Mark I's. The blued heavy barrel is a Mark I also and the Stainless model is a Mark II.

ruger22s.jpg
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 671 Senior Member
    I just got one of the Colt Rail guns. It's made by Walther for Colt. The thing is awesome I love it! I have a single six, buckmark and a few other .22's the Colt is my favorite.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,180 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    If you can find an old high standard they are exceptional guns

IMG_0261.jpg

Yet another gun I did not know I wanted until Weatherby posted a picture, please, no links ya troll. Did you find those grips at your LGS or are they the pair it came with?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11