S.P.D.S. (Smallbore Personal Defense Shotgun)

1235»

Replies

• gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member

Choices are a good thing in life.

Well said
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Just like deja vu all over again. I'm going to stock up on new acronyms.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,621 Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with a 12 gauge as it is I own several (been thinking of getting a 10 gauge)

but it doesn't hurt to test the waters from time to time even with the smaller stuff.

Back for round 3, I see. I have to hand it to ya, you're a persistent buggar. That's for sure.

Someone start the clock. :-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    If it is him he's behaving better this time.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • REDDEVILREDDEVIL Member Posts: 153 Member
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Not again:nono::deadhorse::bang::silly:,... 410 is fine, if that's all you have, so is birdshot,... so is a sharp stick I suppose. NEXT!
    I have been thinking of some testing with a dull stick. Of small diameter. ( A DSSD as it were) I think with the right technique and the stars and moon in proper alignment I could take someone's eye out. Sadly, it would probably be my own. Even though it's a small target.

I could carry more sticks and there would be less chance of self impalement if I stumble and fall. And dull sticks are easier to find. Also, a small, dull stick could be explained away by saying I'm an orchestra conductor. Or in a nod to the just finished Olympics I could say I'm the second leg of a retroadventure relay race team.

What do you think?
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,560 Senior Member
    I have been thinking of some testing with a dull stick. Of small diameter. ( A DSSD as it were) I think with the right technique and the stars and moon in proper alignment I could take someone's eye out. Sadly, it would probably be my own. Even though it's a small target.

I could carry more sticks and there would be less chance of self impalement if I stumble and fall. And dull sticks are easier to find. Also, a small, dull stick could be explained away by saying I'm an orchestra conductor. Or in a nod to the just finished Olympics I could say I'm the second leg of a retroadventure relay race team.

What do you think?

CPJ already tested the sharp stick vs .380 on a water melon. He's got it on video.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    CPJ already tested the sharp stick vs .380 on a water melon. He's got it on video.....

lmao just thinking about that made me crack up... I do remember that.. anyone handy with the search tool?
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member

What do you think?

I think 22 shorts are terribly under rated! :up:

22short.jpg
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,865 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »

Maybe he is back again...
    :agree:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,697 Senior Member
    (and the 870 would need to pay a visit to a gunsmith for barrel work)

I couldn't help but notice that you are defending the use of a Taurus .410 for self defense right out of the box but you feel that an 870 needs some "barrel work" to make it capable.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,251 Senior Member
    Is he back?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    cpj wrote: »
    The only way you could poke your eye out would be with a Popsicle stick. 'Sayin.

:spittingcoffee::rotflmao::roll2:

FunnyAsianFace.jpg
  • ShotgunnerDaveShotgunnerDave Banned Posts: 21 New Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice that you are defending the use of a Taurus .410 for self defense right out of the box but you feel that an 870 needs some "barrel work" to make it capable.

Well yeah it would need to have a cylinder choke for slug shooting without messing with trajectory and deforming the slug.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Is he back?

Yep, and just as ignorant of basic shotgunning as before. Slugs are already WAY under bore size, so they will even fit through full chokes without distortion.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    You know we can see the IP addresses and Host names you are using... You are Deadmanwalking2012. And you are being banned again.

Stop being a dork.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.