Home Main Category Personal Defense

Southern Poverty Law Center Shooting

BakermanBakerman MemberPosts: 382 Member
This shooter was real dangerous. He had fifteen Chic-Fil-A sandwiches in his back pack.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/perkins-shooting-family-research/2012/08/16/id/448862?s=al&promo_code=FC78-1
Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman

Replies

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Umm, he shot a guard in the wrist? Guard disarmed him one handed? The intent was to put a chic-fil-a bag on each body?

Normally I consider folks who shoot other people for no good reason pretty dangerous, but thats me.

FYI it was a shooting at the Family Reasearch Councl, not SPLW. SPLW is the one who labled FRC as a hate group.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Yes, the title is misleading. I don't put any real meaning on the 15 sandwiches. From the looks of the guy, that was probably just his lunch.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Heard on the radio this morning that the intent was to drop a bag at each body. He is out to lunch, but that wasnt lunch.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Heard on the radio this morning that the intent was to drop a bag at each body. He is out to lunch, but that wasnt lunch.

I hadn't heard that. And i was actually just being facetious. Although I'm fully aware of the Chick-Fil-A connection.

A coupla things though. It's my understanding the guy bought the gun just for this act. I would have thought he would have bought like a Kel Tec or something. But he bought a Sig. I just find that curious.
    Secondly, we have a member here who tried to argue in another nut bag shooter incident thread that all nut bag shooters are by definition "right wing'. When challenged he even argued the point stating that it's just like all Al Qiada members are Muslims. Hopefully this incident will show that a nut bag shooter is neither right nor left. He's simply a nut bag with a gun. No more; no less.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    I hadn't heard that. And i was actually just being facetious. Although I'm fully aware of the Chick-Fil-A connection.

A coupla things though. It's my understanding the guy bought the gun just for this act. I would have thought he would have bought like a Kel Tec or something. But he bought a Sig. I just find that curious.
    Secondly, we have a member here who tried to argue in another nut bag shooter incident thread that all nut bag shooters are by definition "right wing'. When challenged he even argued the point stating that it's just like all Al Qiada members are Muslims. Hopefully this incident will show that a nut bag shooter is neither right nor left. He's simply a nut bag with a gun. No more; no less.

Not left wing, not right wing, but crazy wing... another misguided sociopath. One of thousands.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • FiveSevenFiveSeven Member Posts: 289 Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Not left wing, not right wing, but crazy wing... another misguided sociopath. One of thousands.

D

Are there guided sociopaths?
    Only the optimists suggest that the future is uncertain. The pessimists have done the math.
    I believe this is the thread you're refering too:

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?7711-Should-DHS-focus-on-more-than-just-quot-Islamo-Facists-quot

I distinctly DID NOT say that! I did say that most White supremacists happened to be right wing, but I also made the point that wackjobs come in all kinds of flavors and that just because a wackjob is _______ (conservative, liberal, christian, muslim, gay, etc.) does not not say anything about other people who are any of the above.

To quote myself:

I was wrong about the motive but right about left wing wackjobs going off the deep end and turning violent too

Yes, but you also said this: "2) Saying they aren't Right Wing is like saying Al-Queda members aren't Muslim or PETA or ELA members aren't Liberal. It's not true. However, the important point is them being right wing or left wing or Muslim or Christian doesn't say ANYTHING about other people who are right wing, left wing, Muslim or Christian. The important thing is that they're EXTREMISTS and THAT's what makes them dangerous, not whatever belief system they corrupt to justify their extremism."
    The "they" in that statement refered to white supremacists (who happen to generally fall on the right of the political spectrum, just like gay activists tend to fall on the left), not all flavors of violent nutbag. From now on I'll try to avoid the use of pronouns even when the context of the conversation makes it fairly obvious what the pronoun refers to.

I'll ask you politely not to try to talk down to me again. It is in fact, the context, as you see it, that is the argument. How on earth do you know a white supremacist, by definition a racist, is "right wing"? Have you been privy to their clandestine meetings where they plan their get out the vote strategy? Or is this just something a professor told you? And now you and your friends from school just nod knowingly when racists are exposed.
    You can certainly voice your opinion that anyone is right wing but to state it as fact is ignorant. And insulting. I don't use ignorant in the pejorative sense. I use it the context of you don''t know what you're talking about.
    It occurs to me that while I don't know exactly what your definition of right wing is, it must be something pretty bad for you to lump nuts and racists in with people like me.

Go back and read what I wrote above. Nuts are nuts. Period. I didn't leap on this tragic incident to slam the left. Only that there is no politics in violence.
    But you can label things and people as you like I guess.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The "they" in that statement refered to white supremacists (who happen to generally fall on the right of the political spectrum, just like gay activists tend to fall on the left), not all flavors of violent nutbag. From now on I'll try to avoid the use of pronouns even when the context of the conversation makes it fairly obvious what the pronoun refers to.

Well, you stepped in it again. The KKK, the largest white supremacist group ever in the U.S., was born of Democrats, was associated with the Democrats most of it's existence, and fizzled out when the Democrats took a hard left politically in the 1950s and 1960s. What brand of blinders are you wearing?

You need to stick to what you know, 'cause you don't know squat about white supremacists and neo Nazis, and their political leanings.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams