Home Main Category Personal Defense

Yes, your man-sack will draw attention....

2»

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    WoW,

I think rainbow beads, loud sneakers, Richard Simmon shorts and a pink fanny pack are starting to look more plausible for urban conceal carry.

:yikes:
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Since the security guard was also an off duty LEO, what powers does he hold on the security job???? Is it the same as his LEO job???

In short, no, with some exceptions. If he is moonlighting for a security company and working under their scope of policy (and wearing their uniform!), he has to operate under that umbrella. However, if he observed a crime in progress, he must act and is duty-bound by law to do so. Further still, if he suspected the man was carrying a firearm in a place he was prohibited from doing so, it would be prudent to call for a uniformed officer on duty that is working under the complete color of law.

The exception: if he was working an extra duty detail in LEO uniform, then he has all the authority of any LEO working a normal shift.

But if the gun was concealed in a bag he thought looked suspicious, he would still have to ask for consent to look in it without probable cause to compel the search of the bag.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,025 Senior Member
    I wore my Man-Sack to a theater yesterday. No issues what-so-ever.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    its not a brown sack. Its coyote. You seem to lack knowledge of sacks.

Well, we have to avoid confusing nomenclature, so:

"Man Sack" is pretty straightforward.

"Brown sack" is also easily understood.

"Brown Man Sack" can lead to some minor confusion, but it's generally pretty clear as to what's being discussed, if not necessarily its source.

But when you start talking about "coyote sacks" or, even worse, "Coyote Man Sacks", you now have confusion over not only color, but also origin, and also if there may be some strange cross-species sack-exchange going on.

Which brings up an interesting possibility: If a radio disk-**** CCW's, would it be in a "Wolfman Jack Sack"?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,025 Senior Member
    That was bad. Real bad. :shakinghead:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • OjibahineOjibahine New Member Posts: 25 New Member
    What would be funny would be to put some sort of giant personal massage device in my Sack and let the unsuspecting theater worker find it.

I double dog dare you. :rotflmao:
    Ojibahine wrote: »
    I double dog dare you. :rotflmao:
    +1 :that:

Just wonderin, if the bag is made of real furs,....,is it then called a man purse to avoid confusion??
    :confused:
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,399 Senior Member
    Ok, I am behind the fashion scene apparently...

Ya got a Murse, that is called a Man Sack (or Mack ?)

If it carries a firearm its a Gun Murse (?) or a Gun sack, being brown it is a Brown Sack, brown Man Sack or daily Murse??

If it is a coyote man sack (or fur Murse) does that mean it is fur, or is it real ugly?

?????????????
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    We are going to the movies this weekend with some friends. Im half tempted to empty my Sack before we go, and just keep my wallet and what-nots in it. If they want to search it, Ill let them. What would be funny would be to put some sort of giant personal massage device in my Sack and let the unsuspecting theater worker find it.

But that would cause a scene, likely make the news, and cause me grief. It would then cause my wife to remove my Sack. And we cant have that.

You dont have a hair on your if you dont!
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
    U

. . .Desert Tan COLORED Man Sack. . .

So, if I choose to market a red Man Sack, would the proper trade name for the color be "SUNBURNED":yikes:
    WWJMBD?

Or we could get all military on it...
    Sack, Man, coyote color.

I think in the military it would be labeled M-010 Sack, Man, Coyote. :usa:

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I have freckles.
    Buffco wrote: »
    I have freckles.

Hmmm. . .a polka-dotted man sack. I would have thought plaid to go with the kilt. . .
    WWJMBD?

You got your naming convention wrong again. A red Man Sack, would be marketed to Indians.
    A red colored Man Sack, would be marketed to everyone else, and yes the trade name color of Sunburned would be a great marketing ploy.
    "Hey bro, check out my Sunburned Man Sack." Notice I didnt mention the word color this time. I was just giving you an example of what men with a 3rd grade sense of humor would refer to the Sack as. Unlike us here, who are grown ups and can speak with a straight face about Man Sacks.

Perhaps we should investigate the humor potential of the frontier "Possibles Bag", which would have been the original Man Sack.
    WWJMBD?

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    So I chickened out and didnt carry the empty Man Sack to the movies tonight. Im happy to report though that the theatre we went to does NOT prohibit your right to protect your self by means of a concealed weapon. :up:
    Im also glad that there is no law specifically prohibiting concealed weapons in movie theatres in MO.
    Another great thing about that theatre? YOU get to put the "butter flavored topping" on your popcorn. As much as you want. While its not real butter, its a damn good substitute!

So you could enter that theater and put butter flavored topping on your man sack and there would be no problem, right?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Perhaps we should investigate the humor potential of the frontier "Possibles Bag", which would have been the original Man Sack.

That's called a "manpurse."
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.