Best 5-shot group @.........?

2»

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,508 Senior Member
    Looking pretty good, Ernie. I'm with Tennmike, with some practice, I'd bet that you could shrink that in half.
    You have a 5 pin sight? Did you update everything when you updated the bow?

I LOVE shooting at 50-60 yards. It makes 30 yards childs play.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,351 Senior Member
    A pop-up opportunity to use my bow came up recently, so I got back to shooting it after a year layoff from it. I finally got the gang adjustment, paper tune and individual pins set properly. This was a 5-shot jaunt at 60 yards today. No idea what the spot size is on a block and the middle spot needs to be repainted, but I think that's pretty good for a long time away.

FE6A0410-1104-4852-BF5F-1CE5C643ED57-324-0000001421D8995E.jpg

[forumbrandwar]Get Serious...Get Hoyt![/forumbrandwar]
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    That's about what my 40 yard target looks like with my long bow,after a few sighter shots of course.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,046 Senior Member
    Great beginning for a having such a long lay-off
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,351 Senior Member
    Great beginning for a having such a long lay-off

Thanks a lot. It's not a terribly old bow (Hoyt Vulcan 500 XT vintage 2007) and it does have a Rip Cord drop-away rest. As you know, the drop-away rest helps a good bit to mask any form flaws upon release. That's probably not a bad thing in my case.
    gator wrote: »
    That's about what my 40 yard target looks like with my long bow,after a few sighter shots of course.

I have a ton of a respect for anyone who can get decent group with a long bow/recurve. I am even more amazed by what the Olympians are doing with recurves out at 70m in wind. The way that one American kid was striking 10 after 10 at that distance was astounding. Granted, he's using a highly specialized rig with all the bells and whistles, but skill is skill and he has a ton of it.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.