Had to tell a "lady" a few choice words in front of her husband today.

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,582 Senior Member
Took some time for my heart to get back down from my mouth and back to where it belongs...

STUPIDITY CAN BE QUITE SCARY!

Stop at tiny LGS to get a brick of 22's en route to range, client area is about 4x8 feet, being generous here, guy with wife in tow just got a Glock 23, tells clerk behind counter that he is swapping his CCW, a Glock 19 for the new Glock 23, same holster will work, Glock 19 is unloaded, clerk loads the new Glock 23 with Hornady Critical Defense he also bought and puts the new gun with a round in the chamber in his holster, all of this is done in a safe responsible manner, so far no issues.

He then decides to show his new gun to his wife, out of holster loaded and ready to go straight to her hands, she grabs the thing with the muzzle pointing straight at me, I am not a small guy and about 3 feet away, tiny LGS, I try to best I can get out of the way, now the other guy behind the counter has a gun pointing at him, she remains clueless at why the two clerks and I are telling her as calmly and clearly as possible to point the gun down to no avail, even reacts in a defensive manner when the husband finally realizes what is up an WRESTLES the gun from her hands she simply did not want to let go. No fun had while that part took place.

She "claims" she did not put her trigger on the finger so she was not at fault, SHE DID, you guys can figure out what I told her and her husband, few minutes latter he again pulls out the loaded and condition one gun from his holster to ask the clerk about the replaceable grip panels and while he does this he has the gun pointing down, holding the same by cupping the barrel with his hand, I point this out to him and his reaction is "sorry, my bad"!!!

Still while I drove to the range my heart was pumping hard.
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,110 Senior Member
    My LGS doesnt allow CCWs to touch or unholster their weapons in the shop. If its CCW, it stays CCW.

any gun brought i should be either open carry, in a bag, or rolled up in a towel and NOT loaded.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member Posts: 224 Member
    well glad to hear no one was hurt. i witnessed an indecent similar to that once it wasn't fun.
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    ilove22s wrote: »
    My LGS doesnt allow CCWs to touch or unholster their weapons in the shop. If its CCW, it stays CCW.

any gun brought i should be either open carry, in a bag, or rolled up in a towel and NOT loaded.

Same thing here at all LGS, outside of legal CCW it is against the law to carry a uncased gun anywhere including to an LGS and due to this I seen more than once at an LGS some clueless soul getting a serious chewing by an LEO and or LGS employee, this clerk is a VERY experienced police officer who knows better but that at times is too relax around guns.

In this instance outside of the client taking one loaded gun out of the holster and replacing it with another, which was done in a safe way but still wrong all the gun loading/handling was done behind the counter by the store's clerk, the scary part, the client latter taking the loaded gun from his holster and putting the same on his wife's hands was the scary unpredictable part, now that I think of it there is more blame to be placed on him than on his clueless "no guilt sticks to me" wife, more so taking in account his ensuing "stunt" after that by resting the muzzle of his still loaded gun on the inside of his hand.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Lots of so called "accidents" happen that way...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Guy that works at LGS had been shot twice because of situations like this, first time guy pulls out a 45 to show it to a buddy and it "goes off", bullet went through the hand that was resting on his leg, bullet went through leg too.
  • BlkHawk73BlkHawk73 Member Posts: 149 Member

Bingo! That shouldn't even be a posted rule but rather just darn common sense and simply being smart enough, responsible enough to know, understand and comprehend! Clearly it's idiots like this that have no business what so ever having a carry permit. 8 hour class and any idiot can carry a loaded handgun. That class can try but cannot force the required intellect required though.