Home Main Category Personal Defense

410 for home defense- wait a second

30-30shooter30-30shooter MemberPosts: 224 Member
legality reasons aside i think this wouldn't actually be a bad idea for home defense. especially if they in creased the capacity to 30 or 40 rounds and you were worried about being attacked by 10 or 20 feral chickens.:tooth:
franchimod410.jpg&sa=X&ei=4dM6UPOcKqrk6QG4v4HQBA&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHYXFv_HaJtVQPB2LSMOt-25m-zBg
Franchi Prototype .410 Full-Auto Shotgun
A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    legality reasons aside i think this wouldn't actually be a bad idea for home defense. especially if they in creased the capacity to 30 or 40 rounds and you were worried about being attacked by 10 or 20 feral chickens.

"Mrs. Tweedy! The Chickens! They're revolting!"

"Finally. . .something we agree on. . .":tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    Is Peter back?
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member Posts: 224 Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    "Mrs. Tweedy! The Chickens! They're revolting!"

"Finally. . .something we agree on. . .":tooth:

i knew they were organized.
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Yes, and you could not buy that full auto shotgun, no more new manufacture full auto firearms except for Government LE agencies, Military or State or City LE agencies....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Yes, and you could not buy that full auto shotgun, no more new manufacture full auto firearms except for Government LE agencies, Military or State or City LE agencies....

????? Link please...
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,732 Senior Member
    ????? Link please...

Seriously?

ETA....Nevermind, you could get a Class III and get one. Sorry.
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member Posts: 224 Member
    well i think it was made before 1986 and i don't think i would be a good idea to use any class 3 weapon for home defense legally, i just thought it was kind of an interesting idea.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    An oddity, however, since there are other suitable firearms, why consider odd ducks, even if Pre 1986, since they would be priced out of reach ????

And yes, you could use a full auto M-16 for home defense, the selector being set on semi auto...... :yesno:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    "Noooobody escapes from Tweedys Farm!!!!
    :tooth:
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    I guess it would be better than a .270......
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Remember, copper plating.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    ????? Link please...

You are, well, I'll hold my tongue. Apparently he has never heard of the Firearm Owner's Protection Act of 1986. No newly manufactured fully-auto receivers (made after that date) may be legally owned by civilians/citizens. Only military and law enforcement agencies may purchase them.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    Spk wrote: »
    "Noooobody escapes from Tweedys Farm!!!!
    :tooth:

They'll either die free chickens, or die trying!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee