Seagull Skeet?

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,334 Senior Member
Check out this "save the whales" story from Argentina. Apparently, a bunch of seagulls have learned to attack whales in their breeding ground as they surface to breathe, and a plan has been hatched to shoot the offending birds. The whales' behavior patterns are changing because of the birds' attacks, and whale-watcher tourists are getting scarce because of the gruesome attacks they're seeing.

http://news.yahoo.com/argentines-plan-shoot-gulls-save-whales-201009494.html

The birds have had a population explosion from eating massive amounts of humans' garbage, and leftovers from a nearby fish-processing factory. South American dove shoots have been popular for years- - - -maybe the next big thing is seagull shooting!
Jerry
Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,511 Senior Member
    I know just the guy for that.

Alec, are you listening?????
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    After all they're Herring Gulls, isn't a whale just a big herring?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,714 Senior Member
    Just saw this. The gull family are an interesting bird to cull. If you drop the first bird with a broken wing, its 'squawks' will bring every gull for miles. If you kill it outright, the rest of the birds will stay away. I know it sounds unsportsmanlike but that is one of the major differences between culling and hunting. Dont confuse the 2. In a lot of cases you have to use the birds weaknesses/behavioural patterns against it. The whole purpose of culling is to remove the offending population.

JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I know just the guy for that.

Alec, are you listening?????
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    Crows tooo, Alec.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.