Libyan city of Benghazi .....And the worm turns?

shushshush Senior MemberPosts: 6,260 Senior Member
‘At least four people have been killed in the Libyan city of Benghazi after military police and protesters took over militia bases.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19680785

'The violence followed a day of protests by tens of thousands of citizens demanding an end to the armed groups.
The bases include the HQ of the Islamist group Ansar al-Sharia, suspected of involvement in an attack on the US consulate in the city

Earlier, some 30,000 protesters marched through Benghazi calling for an end to the armed groups and a return to the rule of law.
Libyans have seized on the chance to march against the presence of militias

There has been a wave of hostility towards the militias since US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three others Americans died in last week's attack on the Benghazi consulate.’

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,305 Senior Member
    At first blush it appears that the people of Libya, having thrown off the yoke of one dictator, have no desire to be ruled by another in the form of the militias and their attempts to enforce sharia law. Maybe the people will eventually form a decent government. We can hope.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!