Home Main Category Personal Defense

Prayer request

MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior MemberPosts: 819 Senior Member
I guess this is the best forum for this....Mods, feel free to move it, if not.

My sister was mugged last night at about 8 o'clock, outside of a drug/alcohol rehab counseling place she works at. She had just gotten out of her car to walk inside, when a car with 4 guys in it pulled up beside her. One guy stuck a gun in her ribs, and she dropped everything and ran inside. They took her car, her purse with some cash, credit cards, debit card, cell phone....
She's ok, just scared. I haven't talked with her yet, but Mom and Dad came over to her apartment last night and stayed with her, and he told me about it this morning. Now she's got to cancel all her cards, get her cell phone deactivated, talk with the insurance company about the theft, get a rental car.....
So if you would, keep my sister Stina (short for Christina) in your prayers....

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    You got it.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    I'm sorry you sister had to go through that. Be glad that she still has her life and physically unhurt. Too many stories like that here in Philly ended up with the victims dead or maimed.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    :angel2: Glad to hear she wasn't physically harmed.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,851 Senior Member
    Prayers sent.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    Done
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,851 Senior Member
    BTW, You might have her contact the woman running this blog:
    http://agirlandhergun.blogspot.com/

Here is her story on being mugged and her life change: http://www.agirlandhergun.org/the-story/
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,857 Senior Member
    Prayers out from our family...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Done, and glad she was not hurt.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,953 Senior Member
    Another one done, and also glad that she was unharmed. Things can be relplaces, she can not.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Thanks for the kind words and prayers, everybody. It's much appreciated.
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    BTW, You might have her contact the woman running this blog:
    http://agirlandhergun.blogspot.com/

Here is her story on being mugged and her life change: http://www.agirlandhergun.org/the-story/

Man, that's a great blog. I got lost in there for about 10 minutes or so. Thanks for the link.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Done!
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    Yeah man its done. Glad she wasn't harmed.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,056 Senior Member
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,855 Senior Member
    Just Prayed:angel:for a hedge of protection around your sister and a quick resolution to the rest of it so she can put it behind her.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Prayers sent. As was said above, phones and cars are easily replaced, glad she is ok.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    We went over to see her last night, to cheer her up and try to get her mind off of it a little. My wife and I took a bag of candy corn, and our 3-year old daughter.....pretty good distractions, if you ask me. :up:
    She went over exactly what happened, as best she could remember. She got out of the car, in a parking lot full of cars. I had been picturing an almost empty lot, nobody around, long walk across lots of open space to get to the building, etc., but the lot was pretty much full. She remembers 3 cars driving out as she pulled in, so this was a busy, populated area. She got out of the car, and another car with 4 people in it pulled up to the side of her, a few feet away. The guy in the backseat closest to her gets out, hunched over, hiding the gun low in his abdomen, both hands on it, to where Stina could barely see it. She immediately started screaming, and back-pedaled until she came up against her car. She said she couldn't take her eyes off the gun, couldn't make herself turn and run, because she was NOT looking away from the gun.
    The lowlife trash guy walks up to her, saying "Don't be stupid, give me your keys, give me the money, don't be stupid, don't be stupid." All the while, Stina is still screaming. She has her keys in her left hand, so the perp puts the gun in his left hand, jabs it into her right side low below her ribs, and grabs her keys with his right hand. She said she wanted to let go of them, to let him have them, but in her panic, she couldn't let them go, she clamped down on them tight. He kept pulling, and eventually the keychain broke, leaving her with the chain, him with the keys. He then turns and tries to get into the car, but can't figure out how to unlock the doors right away, and pops the trunk by mistake.
    Stina said the sound of the trunk opening kind of broke her out of the panic a little, because the thought ran through her mind that he might be wanting to put her in the trunk and kidnap her. So at that point, she took off running, but thought clearly enough to pick the guy's hat up off the ground, where it had fallen while he was trying to unlock the car. She ran inside, where everybody that was in the meeting she was supposed to attend had just made it down two flights of stairs and to the door.
    They had all immediately starting running out of the room, down a hall, and down the stairs when they first heard her scream, so the whole thing didn't take long at all. She said it was less than a minute, and I'm thinking it was a lot quicker than that.....30 seconds or less from her first scream to when she made it inside. One man she didn't know had pulled into the parking lot just ahead of her. He told Stina that he got out of his car, lit a cigarette, heard her scream, looked over, and called 911 immediately. But of course, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
    She said the strangest thing about the whole ordeal was the way he was holding the gun. She said he wasn't holding it by the grip....he had his hand on top of it, instead. The way she described it, I'm picturing him holding it the way you might grip it with your off hand when you're racking the slide....4 fingers on the left side, thumb on the right, muzzle pointing out between between thumb and forefinger. She said it was almost like he was holding a knife, with the barrel being the blade of it.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    She did the right thing by getting away, and I am glad she is OK and so sorry for her.

She might be counseled at the right time to become more situationally aware and to keep her hand on a revolver if she works in that area, or others, again.

Junkies... no concious, just selfish needs.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Prayers upchanneled for Stina.
  • Gators960608Gators960608 Member Posts: 47 Member
  • BePreparedBePrepared New Member Posts: 10 New Member
    Prayers sent your way. I am glad she is OK. I wish I could have been there to help.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    I gather the scum drove off with her car then?

This may be obvious, and I'm not saying it will happen, but the possibility is there that, with her ID (address!) and keys (easy access) in unknown hands she needs to 1. CHANGE THE LOCKS. 2. Double down on home security, let the neighbors know that someone else now has her car and to be alert for activity around her house. 3. You already covered cancelling the cards and getting re-issues. 4. Motion-sensor lights outside might be a good idea too.

Praying for the best, with minimal long-lasting effects. Sometimes an event like this is a wake-up call, hope your sister comes out all right on the back end. Best of luck, and God bless!
    Thanks for the prayers, everybody. She's doing better, still won't stay by herself at night, only going to class, not work, and she still has bad anxiety, but she's getting better.
    I gather the scum drove off with her car then?

This may be obvious, and I'm not saying it will happen, but the possibility is there that, with her ID (address!) and keys (easy access) in unknown hands she needs to 1. CHANGE THE LOCKS. 2. Double down on home security, let the neighbors know that someone else now has her car and to be alert for activity around her house. 3. You already covered cancelling the cards and getting re-issues. 4. Motion-sensor lights outside might be a good idea too.

Praying for the best, with minimal long-lasting effects. Sometimes an event like this is a wake-up call, hope your sister comes out all right on the back end. Best of luck, and God bless!

Yes, sorry I didn't specify, he did take the car. She just moved into a new apartment a couple of months ago, so her license still had her old address on it. Dad has been helping her deal with all this stuff, and he's got it pretty much handled. Just dealing with the insurance company is a royal pain, apparently. Who'd a thunk it?"imoit:
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,320 Senior Member
    Thanks for the prayers, everybody. She's doing better, still won't stay by herself at night, only going to class, not work, and she still has bad anxiety, but she's getting better.

Yes, sorry I didn't specify, he did take the car. She just moved into a new apartment a couple of months ago, so her license still had her old address on it. Dad has been helping her deal with all this stuff, and he's got it pretty much handled. Just dealing with the insurance company is a royal pain, apparently. Who'd a thunk it?"imoit:

Sorry to hear about this happening to your sister. Prayers on their way ( albeit late).
    Might pay to mention what happened to the people who moved in to her old place and give them a heads up in case the perps decide to visit the address on her licence.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    I guess this is the best forum for this....Mods, feel free to move it, if not.

My sister was mugged last night at about 8 o'clock, outside of a drug/alcohol rehab counseling place she works at. She had just gotten out of her car to walk inside, when a car with 4 guys in it pulled up beside her. One guy stuck a gun in her ribs, and she dropped everything and ran inside. They took her car, her purse with some cash, credit cards, debit card, cell phone....
    She's ok, just scared. I haven't talked with her yet, but Mom and Dad came over to her apartment last night and stayed with her, and he told me about it this morning. Now she's got to cancel all her cards, get her cell phone deactivated, talk with the insurance company about the theft, get a rental car.....
    So if you would, keep my sister Stina (short for Christina) in your prayers....

Yep you got it man. This Sucks!!! Sorry worthless bumbs, there should be a special place in hell for em.

:angel2::angel2::angel2:
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!