Advice on carrying a 1911 concealed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

124»

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,427 Senior Member
    Back when I CC'd a full size 1911 (I started carrying a plastic fantastic because the 1911 was a gift) I had no problem concealing it under a button up shirt IWB.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • dangerdan8dangerdan8 Posts: 3 New Member
    There is nothing wrong with carrying the Kimber TLE (I have the full-size non-rail). If you can handle the weight and size, I say go for it. They are very accurate guns.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    edited February 26 #94
    I think after 7 years he's figured out how to do it, if he wants to...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    T
    Welcome aboard
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    I think after 7 years he's figured out how to do it, if he wants to...
    Stop it.  You're going to ruin the forum, you heathen!🤣
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    Also, howdy dangerdan!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 471 Member
    i carry my 1911 in an IWB from Blackhawk holsters. The holster is made of a fabric that holds it in any position you want. There are no clips or belt loops. The inside is a different fabric that allows smooth draw. Very comfortable!
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    ChuckXX wrote: »
    To: NCFUBAR, LM Larsen, & Slanteyedshootist; I think all 3 of you kinda missed the real gist of my post. So with your permission Iam going to rephrase the whole thing. First of all NO there is no hurry to clean my pistols. I too find it kinda fun and enjoyable. Sometimes it even takes me 20 minutes because I too want them babys clean as a whisle. Now for the more important point I was trying to make. Back to the Kwik Shop. Three bad guys come in to hold up the joint. Two have AK-47's and one has a pistol. Your in the back getting a loaf of bread. I now ask you would you rather have a 16 shooter or a 8+1 shooter. Screw the 165 grains vs. my 147 grains. I want "capacity" at this point in my life along with another 16 mag capacity on my belt. Are you familiar with what "adrenaline" does to you at this point??? I can assure you my Winchester PDX-1 supreme elite 147 grain jacketed hollow points will keep up with your 165 grain babys just fine. But as the shooting commences I will still be more comfortable knowing I have 16+16 rounds of firepower. I have thought about this alot over the years. I've seen way tooooo many movies. Marksmanship is great but you cannot be 100% assured that your dead eye is going to have one shot kills against 3 bad guys that are moving and firing against you. Do you see my point here???? If not then you are missing it on purpose. Now back to the "take down and putting back togethor" thing. If you have no problem with the assembly and disassembly of the 1911 then God has Blessed You. I have always found them to be a Pain in the you know what. But thats a personal preference thing. Ever since my wifes good friends husband was killed with a AK-47 at the Westroads Mall in Omaha I have been a "changed man". That was 3 years ago this last December. But thats another story. God bless you guys. You are all great.

Ever heard of Alvin C. York? Killed 6 Germans, in a trench, shooting a 1911 with dumb old 230 gr. BALL ammunition. In the process he got a whole German unit to surrender to him. Took 132 prisoners. Oh, and the guys he was taking on? They weren't armed with just rifles. They had machine guns.
    GOD Bless Pvt. York!!! May he R.I.P.! He was a TRUE American HEROE!!!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    I love zombie threads....
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.