Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Wyoming
Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Replies

• mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    You are missing AR and IA. The list is here: http://ago.alabama.gov/files/14.htm. You can also use the "Create License Map" function on this site: http://www.handgunlaw.us/ because it's very up-to-date.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • BaggerBagger Member Posts: 60 Member
    I travel alot so I have a CCW Concealed Carry 50 State Guide App on my cell phone. Lots of info on it. I can't remember if it was free, or a couple bucks. You put your info in it and it shows what states your good for and the laws for carry.

Bagger :usa:
  • glockman0422glockman0422 Member Posts: 216 Member
    I read somewhere that some states may have reciprocity but may also have statutes that state that only residents of that state can carry concealed. A friend of mine was traveling to Louisiana and asked me to find out about their gun laws. That's when i came across the article in their state website. Any of you know if this is true?. The way i read it, it seemed like only residents are allowed to carry concealed. I was confused because Louisiana is a state that has reciprocity with Florida but their laws have these provisions.???????
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Bagger wrote: »
    I travel alot so I have a CCW Concealed Carry 50 State Guide App on my cell phone. Lots of info on it. I can't remember if it was free, or a couple bucks. You put your info in it and it shows what states your good for and the laws for carry.

I have the "Gun Rights" app. I think it costs $0.99. I don't think it's the same one though. I'm always worried though that the information is stale since updates are a lot faster on the web due to feedback and the social media effect.
    I read somewhere that some states may have reciprocity but may also have statutes that state that only residents of that state can carry concealed. A friend of mine was traveling to Louisiana and asked me to find out about their gun laws. That's when i came across the article in their state website. Any of you know if this is true?. The way i read it, it seemed like only residents are allowed to carry concealed. I was confused because Louisiana is a state that has reciprocity with Florida but their laws have these provisions.???????

You'll have to provide some links to what you read because something is way off. The only thing I'm aware of is that some states will not accept non-resident permits. ME, NH, MI, CO, SC, and FL are those states. For example, I'm a PA resident. If I don't have a PA LTCF and got a Utah non-resident CFP, I can't carry in those aforementioned 6 states. I must be a resident of the state in which the license/permit is issued to be able to carry in those 6 states. WV used to have that requirement, but no longer. LA has no such requirement.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama