Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Vote early and vote often!

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Seriously, gang, get out and vote! I voted early today and the poll was very busy. It seems that Texas will have the largest turnout ever. Of course, Tx is in the Romney column for certain, but a large Republican vote statewide will elect many local and regional judges with conservative slants, and hopefully a few more Republican congress for Tx.

All indications are that there will be a monster turnout at polls nationwide. I hope so. Maybe it will make the 2010 election victory look small.

But I was impressed today -- we had old, young, all races, all sorts of folks in line to vote. Made me proud of my country.

Replies

• SideOfBaconSideOfBacon Member Posts: 111 Member
    Typically I think high turnout is good for the challenger. Though, also being from Texas, I wonder if that means some of our local positions are getting shaken up.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    My wife and I voted yesterday. I voted for the democrat.

For Fremont county commissioner, that is. Even that was hard to do. Everyone else I voted for, especially in the presidential race, was a Republican.

I don't know how it's done in other states, but Colorado allows to you vote to keep or not keep sitting judges. The question is worded somewhat to the effect "Should Judge <name> be retained for another term?". The only two responses are Yes and No. I ALWAYS vote NO on those questions. I think that judges have much too much power, and need to be limited in the amount of time they serve/rule. Even if I knew the judge to be a good one, I would still probably vote not to keep him/her.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I've voted for quite a few Democrats in my time, all local offices. I even was on the campaign staff of a Demo for mayor, but he was essentially a populist with very few ties to the Demo machine, and was even rejected by them for being too "friendly" with Republicans and not toeing the party line. He was a terrific mayor.