Remington 700 stock suggestions

2»

Replies

• sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Sometimes I have no idea what people are talking about when they discuss rifles and accuracy and hitting a target, but you don't necessarily need a heavy rifle or a so called "Sniper rifle" to hit a target accurately and at longer ranges, today I was looking at some rifles at Dick's sporting goods, and they had some Remington 700 BDL rifles that looked pretty good, and I am sure that I could do some pretty accurate shooting from 300 to 400 meters prone offhand.

MAYBE!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    The way I see it, if I can service the "target" effectively at 300 - 600 meters, that is all I care about.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Alpha.....just get a heavy-barreled Rem 700 barreled action.....have it trued by a gunsmith, throw in a Timney trigger, bed it to a McMillan or H-S Precision stock....and spend twice as much as you did doing all that on a good scope....and go have fun with it! $3000 bucks later, you have a "tacti-cool" rifle man.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    gee....I couldn't tell the differences.....they all have close to the same paint job......boring.... :tooth:

Look, don't bedazzle the guy, just get him into a good stock he'll be happy with...eh?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!